cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant configurable material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created one sales order with vairant configurable material. Where can I find the variant material data like char, char values etc. for that sales order. In VBAP i get only CUOBJ (configuration). Does this become a primary key to some other table. If yes, whichis that table?

Regards,

Tushar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Taushar,

The best transaction to view the entire configuration data of an object Eg sales orders , material variants is CUTABLEINFO. You can find the entire information as to what sales order is it assigned to , the vallidity , Characteristic values, Components etc. All the configuration tables are integrated in this one transaction

Regards

Amber

SAP Support

Edited by: Amber Naseer on Jun 4, 2009 4:25 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

its a fantastic t-code man. THanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Use VC_I_GET_CONFIGURATION in SE37 tcode and execute, then enter CUOBJ value and other fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check these details in the Function mudule :VC_I_GET_CONFIGURATION.

First goto SE11/SE16/SE16n T.Code.enter the table name as VBAP.

Fetch the CUOBJ of the required line item and goto SE37 T.Code.

Enter the function module name as "VC_I_GET_CONFIGURATION"

Execute or press F8.

Enter the value of CUOBJ here in Instance field.

Execute of Press F8.

At the bottom the result will be appeared.Click on that details/view.You will find all your configuration details.

If you have any doubt please feel free to ask.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey your answer is a good help. can I use the same to get the values in sales order run time. Based on certain values set for certain caracteristics i have to import certain values from material master. E.g. If for characteristic "color" the value selected from configuration screen is "01", then i have to import certain field values from material master into sales order.

Can i do this with using "VC_I_GET_CONFIGURATION" in userexit MV45AFZZ (move field to VBAP).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

Unfortunately you cant use VC_I_GET_CONFIGURATION in a user exit because it corrupts the buffer and can cause serious issues during runtime. You should use VC_I_GET_CONFIGURATION_IBASE instead. Also if you are just reading values then you can also try using reference characteristic in procedures. Not every field can be read in sales order transaction but you can try the ones you want .

You can find more information on reference characteristic under the following link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/92/58c3a1417011d189ec0000e81ddfac/frameset.htm

Hope that helps.

Thanks Amber