Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Test IDOC WPUUMS01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've created a sample idoc file of type WPUUMS01 to upload to IS Retail. I just don't know where to test. I was using WE19, test tool for IDOC processing but Im having a hard time figuring out the errors in my IDOC since it automatically overwrites my file.

Any suggestions on how to test or how to use WE19?

thanks so much.

Kenny

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kenny,

you can look at WE02 to look at the status and error information can be looked at there.

Regards,

Ravi

Note :Please mark the helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenny,

In WE19:-

1. Populate your Idoc with all the required data.

2. Click on the button 'Inbound Function Module'

3. It will ask for a function module name. Give the name of your COMEV function module.

4. Select the check box 'Call in debugging mode

5. Click on the Tick mark.

This way you can debug your code.

Regards,

Sameena

0 Kudos

Hi Sameena,

I have a file in the server needed to be processed as a WPUUMS Idoc. All the data is in this file. How do I enter this to WE19?

Thanks,

Kenny

0 Kudos

Kenny,

I don't you think using We19 you can take file data into the IDOC. Are you think about a middleware which can convert a flat file data into a IDOC format.

Other wise you have to write a custom program to upload the file data and call the appropriate functions to update the transactional data.

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Hi Kenny,

In WE19:-

1. Select the radio button Basic Typ and enter ‘WPUUMS01’

2. Execute

3. You will get a template Idoc.

4. Read the file and input the data manually to the Idoc. Double click the segment name, the fields will be displayed and you can enter the data. Be carefully and enter the data in the correct segments and in correct order. The values which are not present should not be entered. Enter data relevant for one Idoc only.

This way you will populate one Idoc and then you can test.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Sameena

0 Kudos

Hi Kenny,

If i am not wrong, u can use the program RSEINB00 to upload the messages. I run this application to create materials, but not sure, it is helpful for other IDOCs. i am just trying to give you a possible way.

regards,

shylesh