cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Location Determination - In Sales Order at Item Level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to get my storage location to be auto determined in the sales order itself as if I do not maintain it in sales order it will prompt me to do it during creation of delivery note. People has told me that I might have gone wrong with my configuration as they don't enter storage location during delivery creation.

Appreaciate all your inputs.

Thanks a lot!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SmileZhang
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

The auto determination of storage location is only designed for delivery document.

The function in sales order creation is not provided in standard system.

Please refer to note 387482.

USEREXIT_SOURCE_DETERMINATION (MV45AFZB) could be used.

Regards,

Smile

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

cristiano_santos
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

By standard SAP it will determine only in delivery not in sales order but u can do one thing what I had done in my last project requirement is like this determine storage location in order

I had used Z table based on sales office storage location is determine

Means suppose sales office 01 storage location is A if sales office is 02 then storage location is B like this all things u can maintain in Z table u can use program MV45AFZZ ask your ABAP to do like this.

Sageer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

As Ahmad pointed out, the S Loc will be auto populate only at the delivery level.

Only the shipping point will be auto populated at the SO level.

Nevertheless you can choose the S Loc at line item level at SO.

Cheers,

Mohammed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have check my configuration on the shipping condition, plant, shipping point and loading group. It is so far correct. I am not sure why the storage location does not populate at the delivery order. Not sure it is due to not relevant for picking. I did not configure for picking because it is no needed.

Appreciate your inputs on this.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

The Auto determination of storage location happens only in the Delivery document,

This is made possible by the picling location determination config,

To have it determined in the sales order you need to write a code in the available user exit in VA01

You can code to call the picking location determination table and determine the sloc based on the plant and the shipping point

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Carry out these IMG steps:

SPRO

Logistic Execution

Basic Shipping Functions

Shipping Point and Goods Receiving Point Determination

Set Up Storage-Location Dependent Shipping Point Determination

Assign Shipping Points According to Storage Location,,,,,,,,

Put in your combination of Shipping Conditions / Loading Group/ Plant/ Storage Location/ Proposed shipping point

Next time you create a Delivery document,, the system will pick up the above values from the Material/Customer master records and propose a Storage Location at line item number.

I just tried it and it works, let me know if this works.

Cheers,

Mohammed

Edited by: Mohammed Raheel on Jun 5, 2009 1:09 PM

Edited by: Mohammed Raheel on Jun 5, 2009 1:11 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

Thanks for the advise, but I am currently implementing on SAP R/3 4.0. I have already configure the picking location and at shipping point and goods receiving point determination. It is still not working.

Kindly advise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

If your confiruration is correct and even then if you are not getting the storage locations in Sales Order, check whether teh conbination od Shipping Conditions/Plant and Loading Group are correct.

Shipping Condition will be in Cust Master and Loading Group on Material Master.

Plant will be picked up from Material Maaster or Customer Master.

If this conmination is correct, I feel you must get the preferred storage location automatically in the Sales Order.

Cheers,

Miohammed

Former Member
0 Kudos

System determines the Picking / Storage Location based on a rule defined in the Delivery Type

a) MALA : Shipping Point + Plant + Storage Condition

b) RETA : Plant + Situation + Storage Condition

c) MARE : MALA then RETA

You have to assign this in delivery item cat

Sageer