cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'BBP_PD_PO_GETDETAIL' question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

my question is that when i was looking at the badi, why is it necessary to call the FM get_detail ? Can i just look at the IT_item or IS_header and do the validations or updates accordingly ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When a ready to use FM is available that provides information about all relevant tables why do you want to use manually by defining each data object? I do not understand your logic. Generally everybody looks for ready to use FM that will save their time and easy to use.

It is up to you whether to use FM or just look at individual data elements. If you get the details like that then do not use FM. Its all your convenience.

Reagrds,

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

So you're saying for example if i use the bbp_pd_po_getdetail it will pull all relevant information for that PO ? So if i am using a badi bbp_doc_change and if i want to update one field on the PO i can just use it_item right ? It will be easier ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you may use the BAdI's importing parameter IT_ITEM to get the PO item details.

No need to retrieve these details using the BBP_PD_PO_GETDETAIL function module.

But if there are needed PO details that are not found in the importing parameters of the BAdI, then use this function module BBP_PD_PO_GETDETAIL to retrieve those details.

Regards,

Kezia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you got it...it all depends on your convenience how to retrieve the details and choose the easiest way to achieve your requirement.

Regards,

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will find that sometimes parameters are not filled in the importing structures of some BADIS. This is because of performance reasons in SRM. So you might sometimes get odd behaviour when you exclusively use the importing parameters.

This is especially notable in the item overview/item details sections where the doc_change and doc_check badis are called.

That's why I sometimes prefer the use of the GET_DETAIL FM so I am sure that I have my data available.

Regards,

Robin

Answers (0)