cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACK_ channel for handling ALEAUD back to ECC system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a channel called ACK_Receiver_XI_TO_ECC for sending ALEAUD for all IDOC's that are received from ECC to XI. I also have another receiver IDOC channel for all IDOCs that are sent from XI to ECC. I read in one of the pdf's that when there are multiple receiver IDOC communcation channels, the one starting with Ack_ is chosen to send the ALEAUD. But in my case, in Development and QA system it is correctly picking the Ack_.. channel but in production it is picking the other receiver IDOC communication channel. Any ideas why and how this can be rectified? I have the "Restore original parties.." option checked on the Ack_.. one and not on the other so the selection of the other in production is giving me the "Unable to convert sender service to ALE logical system" error.

Thanks

ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

>I also have another receiver IDOC channel for all IDOCs that are sent from XI to ECC. I read in one of the pdf's that when there are multiple receiver IDOC communcation channels, the one starting with Ack_ is chosen to send the ALEAUD

I dont think so, the channel will be determined by the Receiver Agreement. If you have more than one what are valid for a message, that is take which is less generic. For example, if you have 2 Receiver Determinations and you type in the first at Receiver Interface a joker (*) and in the second for Receiver Interface a certain value the second Receiver Determination will determine the channel. This is a general rule for IB objects and allows to create generic rules but having exceptions.

Please compare the Receiver Determinations in the different transport layers.

"Unable to convert sender service to ALE logical system" means, that your sending system has no value for logical system. Control that at Business Component, Adapter Specific Identifier. If the sender is Business System, correct that at SLD and reimport the system.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Udo,

This is for an acknowledgement so there is no object in the integration directory like receiver determination or receiver agreement tied to it, except for a receiver IDOC channel. The system is supposed to pick the one starting with ACK but apparently it is picking another one not starting with ACK. Are you saying that the selection is random and if I want to force it to the ACK I should have a receiver agreement in place for the acknowledgement ALEAUD?

Thanks