Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Version Sequence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am looking for a custom version sequence in DMS

By default SAP provides different Version increment sequences. I would like to have a sequence which is not matching with the standard list.

My Version sequence is starting 00,01,....99,A,B,...Z,AA,AB,...ZZ.

I hope we could achieve this through User Exit. If any have a clue on using user exit for this functioanlity.

Also, there is a filed 'Version Sequence' in dc10. I could not get any help on the usage of this field. will this be useful in anyways??

Best Regards,

Madhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Madu

First check with Table- DRAW here u will find Maximum versionper document type provided by SAP only 2 character length fields, we can use them 10 different sequences including User Exit.

Considering Field u2013 Version Sequence, character length-maximum upto 5 ex-aaaaa next version aaaa1 excu2026 these depends on requirement.

You need to develop Z-table for version sequence same time u have to add this table in std DRAW.

Altering standard functionality is some what risky. So you have to create Z-DRAW..

Take help from ABAPER.

Benakaraja ES

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the response.

It means, to use the user exit version sequence we need a lot of development work to be done. I hope it is a big task.

I tried the version sequence as you explained, it is not taking the values defined. I even tried with different sequence types including Z type.

Does anyone have idea about using of 'Z' version sequence? Will this help in any ways to addresss the custom revision sequence. I hope there should be a simple solution fo this.

Regards,

madhu

roopa_ms
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The version incr "Z" doesnot seem to work (Probably not handled in teh code) .

So, the only solution would be to implement the badi DOCUMENT_NUMBER01 ~docversion_check() .

EXPORTING: tcode = CV01 or CV02

doc_type = document type

IMPORTING: supress_standard = should be 'X'

CHANGING: doc_version = as per your new logic

EXCEPTIONS: cancel = 01

OTHERS = 02.

Dont forget to set the suppress_stanadard to ABAP_TRUE .Otherwise teh rest of code will be executed unnecessarily .

Best Regards,

Roopa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roopa,

Thank you for your solution,

In this case, what is the version sequence that i need to select while configuring a doc type.

As i am going to assign the sequence through BADI, do i need to default a sequence number in dc10 for a doc type or can leave blank?

Best Regards,

Madhu

roopa_ms
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi madhu ,

To my knowledge, you can leave it blank .

Anyway ,give it a try .

Best regards,

Roopa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roopa,

Thank you very much for the logic provided.

I will ask my developer to test this.

Best Regards,

Madhu

Answers (0)