cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BW System - Memory requirement to restore to test server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have SAP BW system version Business Information Warehouse 3.0B. System has following configuration:

~

CPU : 32

Physical Memory: 67108864 KB

Physical Memory Available: 30654448 KB

Database using Memory: Apprx 20 GB

Database Size: Apprx 5.3 TB

~

We are planning to restore this system to a test server. Test server is having 4 CPU and 8 GB RAM.

Can you please let me know to do a restore, how many CPU and Minumum RAM We require on test server? How to check from current configuration, how much SAP is using memory?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks a ton in advance.

Best Regards,

Basis CK.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure if 8GB ram is going to be enough.

As for system copy - there are documents available on service.sap.com/instguides that will give you the details but not sure if 3.0b is supported though.... but then the sizing mainly depends on what you want to do with the test server ...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Thanks for the propmt reply.

We are just planning to do a Disaster Recovery Mock Run. We will be restoring production server database to test server and will be recovering a database and then will start SAP.

But not sure, if 4 CPU and 8 GB will allow to start SAP. Can you help? Currently Instance profile memory parameters has been set for 64 GB memory. I need to adjust the profile parameter propationately for the less CPU and memory ? how to check and do that.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Regards.

Basis CK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to update one more thing that our requirement is just to restore database and start SAP application. There will not be user Logon/testing. So with this detail, what would be the idel requirement of memory and CPU?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Best Regards,

Basis CK

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Seems more like a basis question to me.... will redirect to the BASIS forums... also did you check the installguides available / system copy procedures available at service.sap.com/instguides...

I guess they talk about the process but not exactly what you seek.... since what you seek is more related to minimum system requirements to do a system copy for SAP BW 3.0b.

Edited by: Arun Varadarajan on Jun 3, 2009 10:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked the instguides but could not find it for 3.0B.

Please help.

Diggeshhjoshi
Contributor
0 Kudos

8 CPU and 8 GB RAM should work to to run SAP BW 3.0.

Thanks,

Digesh

Answers (0)