Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgot Master Password

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I am in a deep ****, Please help me.

I started installation of SAP Netweaver PI 7.1 and in the process I gave some master password.

Now the installation is completed. But unfortunately, I dont remember what was the master password I gave.

Is there any way to find out the master password which I gave ?

May be somewhere from the installation log ?

Please help.

Thank you.

Regards,

Prashanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need activate the SAP* user and recreate all passwords.

Your DB are ? Try to use search in forum on help.sap.com and notes, about emergency users.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply Sergo.

I am in the process of resetting SAP* password by setting login/no_automatic_user_sapstar parameter to zero.

I will be able to reset password for all the ABAP users in 000, 001, 066 clients.

But how about the Visual admin, config tool access ? apart from this, is there anything else.. ?

Please guide me.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Visual admin, config tool access

config tool conects by default without asking you password, if you change password for J2EE_ADMIN , you

need change after it in secure store using configtool

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/cd/14c93ec2f7df6ae10000000a114084/frameset.htm

I'm do not know SAP Netweaver PI 7.1 , but some where i'm read about the Visual Admin are not present here ... only the NWA.

For changing the J2EE_ADMIN password you need login in 001 client (if you not specify other datasource during installation) and change the password here.

Also you will need to chane the SDM password to (for applayn sp's using JSPM it's need in release 7.0 ....

By default SDM uses the default admin password ...

Note 701654 - Deployment aborts due to wrong J2EE Engine login information

again i'm not work with 7.10. Regards.

Edited by: Sergo Beradze on Jun 3, 2009 8:52 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In PI7.1 Visual Admin is replaced as NWA(http://hostname:portno/nwa) for this you need user j2ee_admin to login.As said change the password in Securestore which is in Configtool and this can resovle your issue.

Thanks

Sunil