cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error after R/3 upgrade: XI doesn't receive idoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello sdn

I have a strange problem regarding sending IDOCS to XI. We have recently upgraded our R/3 to 640 SP16 (from 620). After this upgrade we can't send IDOCS to XI. The IDOC get status 12 (sent ok) but nothing is received in XI. There is nothing to see in sm58 or st22.

The setup has worked fine in a long time - until now.

I have checked the setup on R/3 (rfc, ports, locked users ect.) and the setup on XI (idx1, idx2, sxi_cache) and of course idx5 and sxmb_moni, but there is nothing there.

The XI is still running SP15.

Hoping for some hints

Best regards

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Please can you check your Technical info in Control Records-->Technical Info tab and see if the version is correct thats going to SAP XI.

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya

The version on the technical info tab is 640. the version in we30 for the IDOC is 620. Could this be the problem? And if so - what is the best way to correct it. In XI (refresh metadata) or in R/3 (somehow force to send 620 version)

The metadata in XI is last updateded long before the R/3 update.

Regards

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I guess you have to go to the segments where you give release details and give 640 instead of 620. This is where the data is getting picked up from.

you can see segment from WE31.

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya

Unforunally i'm not able to modify this setting in the segment. I therefore tryed to update the metadata on xi without any luck.

Furthermore I have now found that my test system sends the same IDOC to XI (also IDOC version 640) without problems (XI receives this IDOC). The testsystem is the same SP/kernel as my development system

So it seems its one system that has this problem...

Regards

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Is the IDoc version in your SAP environement and the one in IDX1 have the same release 620 or 640 or is it different for your Test system.

Also, please can you checkt he Control record information and see if everything is correct. Most of the time this error happens because of Control records data.

Please can you check for any error in SM58 also.

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya

I'm sorry - I do not know how to see this in IDX1 or IDX2. I can see versioninformation of the segments (varying from 4.6 to 620) but not on the IDOC. Can you perhaps tell me how?

The IDOC version of the test and development is the same

There is nothing in sm58 (there is - but nothing in reference to this problem)

The control records looks fine - the correct sending and receiving partners and ports.

Regards

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello

We have solved the problem. It was a R/3 error. The problem and solution is described in note 913330

regards

Martin