cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor notification - RFx Published

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to configure SRM 7.0 to send an e-mail notification to the vendor when a new RFx is created, i.e. I want to send a bid invitation.

I went created a new event schema under SPRO --> SRM Server --> Cross-Application Basic Settings --> Event and Event Schema for Alert Management with the following entry:

Event: PUBLISHED

Event category: NOTIFC Message

I have followed this documentation on SAP Library:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm70/helpdata/EN/46/badf73fcab1825e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

My understanding is that this should generate an e-mail message to the vendor. However, this is not happening (at least, I am not catching it in tcode SOST).

Can anyone tell me if there is any other necessary configuration (regarding smartforms, for instance)?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Joã

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You make the settings in Customizing for SAP Supplier Relationship Management under SRM Server Cross-Application Basic Settings -> Set Output Actions and Output Format ->Define Actions for Document Output .

Refer link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm70/helpdata/EN/74/344c430fab4d0bbc30996d56cc293a/frameset.htm

The link is mainly describing PO output. But it holds good for Bid Invitation output also

Best Regards,

Sapna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sapna,

Can you please check that link? It sends me to SRM help main page. I believe you intended to send me something more specific.

Thanks,

Joã

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Apologies..

Please find the link I intended to give intially:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm70/helpdata/EN/45/f5c630499306f7e10000000a155369/content.htm

Regards,

Sapna

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joao,

Perhaps you're missing the step to assign your defined event schema to the transaction type(s). In Define Transaction Types configuration, enter the event schema in relevant transaction type(s). Also, refer to this SRM 5.0 online documentation (it has a bit more info compared to the 7.0 help):

[Events, Alerts, and Messages|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/42/c85469d9cd6bb7e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm]

Cheers,

Serguei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Serguei,

I have done that, but I still don't get a generated message.

I assume that adding the event schema is the way to activate it and it should work after that. Is this true? Or it is necessary to activate something else for this to work?

Joã

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joao,

Take a look at the following SAP Note:

Note 1164269 - Activate the Alerting for SRM Sourcing

You may need to implement the part regarding RFx (BUS2200).

Cheers,

Serguei

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Jo

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you both for your help.

The documentation you provided have to do with "Set Output Actions and Output Format" section in IMG. I had already been there, and was able to send the e-mail notifications.

However, this was already done without any customizing entries for event schemes, i.e., events and event schemes are not at all associated with output actions and formats. Is my assumption correct?

Also, I am having the same issue for bids/quotes. When a supplier enters a bid, an e-mail should be sent to the purchaser, but this is not happening.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Joã

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi João

A purchase can go to process bid invitation , and go to bidder details so he will come to know who and all submitted a quots .

assume that i have sent a bid invitation to to 50 bidders . i can see their bids in my bidinviatation if hey were submited quots

i think it is not bother to purchaser whether all 50 bidders submitted or not

are you expecting 50 bidders to send a mail to one purchaser for one bid inviatation. purcahser wants their quotation only.

one way possible

purchaser - informs all bidders that i have sent a bid inviatation by communication modes..

does it make sense?

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Muthu,

That is our requirement: receive a notification for all bids submitted by vendors.

Regarding the original issue - sending bid invitations - can you elaborate on communications methods, please?

Nevertheless, I would really like to understand how to work with events and alert management...

Thanks,

Joã

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi João

let us wait for others reply .

communication medium -> for the bidders could be electronic email ..

so whenevr you create a bid inviatation and as a bidder and they will be send a mail regarding this bid inviatation . it is standard.

secondly

in workflow

define recipient notification

for bidder - if we accept we may send notification from the purchaser that your bid was accepted and you may get po or contract shortly. dont know exact text...

Bidder Notification

Bidders are notified of RFx, auctions, and bids in the form of an e-mail created with Smart Form BBP_BIDINV_BID. You can use this Smart Form .

Features

You can change the Smart Form delivered by SAP to design the information in your notification exactly the way you want, without having to modify code. For more information, see the Smart Form documentation in SAP Help Portal at http://help.sap.com.

Note

If your system runs in multiple languages, you must translate any text changes you make.

End of the note.

Activities

In Customizing for SAP Supplier Relationship Management, choose SRM Server Business Add-Ins (BAdIs) Document Output Change Smart Forms for Document Output .

Enter the name of the new Smart Form you created in Customizing in the Business Add-In (BAdI) BBP_CHANGE_SF_BID.

Note

The import parameters for this BAdI are:

Business transaction category (BUS2200 for RFx or BUS2202 for bid)

Individual object status

Document's GUID

The export parameter is the name of the Smart Form being used.

i think unfortunately we dont have purchaser notification after bidder response.

br

muthu