cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound Proxy as WebService

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have generated inbound proxy. I wish to expose this proxy as a web service. Now when I generate this proxy, i find a WebService definition (name) and a tab for WSDL. This WebService definition exist in SOAMANAGER WebService navigator.

I created endpoint for this service and when i try to import WSDL as external definition, i get warning message

Unable to convert imported document to WSDL

Reason: Element "Policy" is not permitted in the "/definitions/portType("WebServiceName")elementCheck the selected category.

This element policy exist in the WSDL right from when the proxy is genreated.

My doubt is if this webservice definition of proxy can be used for a SOAP reciever scenario?. Or will I have to explicitly expose the proxy as a WebService?

Regards,

Sreehari.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Correct steps are:

1. Create proxy <proxy>.

2. Goto SOAMANAGER and search for Service Name <proxy>.

3. Create Service and Endpoint. Give any arbitary name.

4. Save after giving authentication detail etc.

5. Test the endpoint.

No need to import any WSDL from outside and WSDL you have is abstract WSDL (without endpoint or implementation detail).

Search SDN for E-Learning on creating webservices in ABAP for screencam.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have followed these steps and created the endpoints. I have to consume this WebService in PI. For that I will have to import the WSDL in ES Repository as an external definition. When I am trying to import I get the above error.

Regards,

Sreehari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreehari,

but why do you do this? If you have a generated proxy, why don't you use standard proxy integration? This is a lot easier and in fact this is a webservice-like communication as well. No need for importing external definition, no need for soamanager, defining endpoints and the like. Is there a special reason why you need to do it this way?

Regards,

Jörg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Gaurav said, we need not import the WSDL in repository. We can use the same structure (Data type) as used for creating the proxy and no need to create an external definition.

Jörg,

I completely agree with you. In this case, you can call the web service from anywhere without the use of middleware. This may not be an advantage in all cases. I was just trying this scenario, but not for any business requirement :-).

Thank you everyone.

Regards,

Sreehari

Edited by: Sreehari Nambiar on Jun 4, 2009 11:02 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreehari,

at least with EhP1 you can configure direct connections using proxys without using the middleware, too - gaining the advantage of central monitoring and restartability from PI. At least having PI 7.1 with EhP1 available I don't see many scenarios where exposed web services from an ABAP system make any sense at all.

Regards,

Jörg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I told earlier, this scenario is not being implemeted to meet any business requirement. My motive was to check what structures are needed in PI when we expose proxy as web service as I have never done such a scenario before.

Secondly, i think direct communications can be used between SAP systems only. I am not sure if non SAP systems can communicate using Direct communication. I have not gone through the featured in EHP1 yet. Nevertheless, thank you for the information.

Regards,

Sreehari

glen_spalding
Participant
0 Kudos

hi there, did you ever manage to figure out how to consume the web service in PI ? i also have the same problem, so any information would be helpful.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First try to test whether the WSDL is proper or not. Call the webservice through any of the client like Web Services Navigator (on SAP Web AS) , SAP SOAP Client Tool , Altova XML Spy etc.

Let us know the response.

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

It is working fine with external tools. I checked with SOAP UI and it is fetching correct response.

Regards,

Sreehari

sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess there is some extra element in the WSDL generated that we need to removebefore importing it. Cau you share the WSDL ?

Regards,

Chandra