cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration Engine -- Configure Sender/Receiver ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I'm trying to configure senders and receivers (using SAP PI 7.1) in order to prioritize messages afterwards...

My SAP ECC 6.0 system will send idocs (= business system) and my receiver is a business component.

Configuring my send is no problem. Idoc structure and namespace appear in the sender interface tab, bu when I want to configure my business component as a receiver, no interfaces appear in the list.

Only the following is appearing in the Receiver Interface list:

NAME NAMESPACE

InterfaceCollection http://sap.com/xi/XI/System

When I check my business component in the IB Directory, sender and receiver interfaces are clearly mentioned.

Can business components be used to configure senders and receivers?

Did I forget something?

Please advise.

Thanks a lot

Dimitri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

>Can business components be used to configure senders and receivers?

Yes, but only manually by typing in interface name and namespace, you will get no interfaces selection. The reason is that a Bus Comp has no SLD entry (like a Bus System) and therefore no Products/ Software Components linked.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

I have a receiver agreement with the following information:

Sender:

SEDCLNT312 (SAP ECC system SED client 312)

Receiver:

component: BC_EAI (business component)

interface: SI_IN_DIMONAO_A

namespace: http://www.securex.be/MF0401/DimonaOut

Then I go to Configure Sender/Receiver ID and choose BC_EAI as service.

I manually type in the namespace and the interface, but then I get an error saying

"SI_IN_DIMONAO_A is not an interface" (Exception of class CX_XMS_WRONG_INPUT)

ps: do you think the problem is solved when I use third-party business systems instead?

Thanks

Dimitri

Edited by: Dimitri Sannen on Jun 3, 2009 2:16 PM

I think I found the error: I manually added both interface and namespace and then the error is triggered.

But when I added the interface and then I put " * " for the interface, no error appears. Also the other way around, * for interface and namespace filled in.

I must test this in order to be sure this works.

Edited by: Dimitri Sannen on Jun 3, 2009 2:46 PM

When I test with a Business System as receiver, the same this happens.

I cannot indicate any receiver interface. So the same phenomenon with both a business component and business system.

Can it be this is a bug?

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

did you assign (at SLD) a product / software component including some interfaces to the business system?

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

> When I test with a Business System as receiver, the same this happens.

> I cannot indicate any receiver interface. So the same phenomenon with both a business component and business system.

> Can it be this is a bug?

No, I don't think this is a bug. Just go to your SLD click on your Business System and check the check box against your SWCV if it is not already checked. Then come to your Integration Directory and Clear SLD Data Cache from Environment menu.

The other way to cross check is, in Integration Directory double click on your Business System and then goto Others tab and see if your SWCV is present or not. If not present then apply the above method. Once done you will be able to see your objects...

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

I created a new technical system, business system and assigned the product and SWC we created.

Then I assigned this BS in the Integration Directory and use it as a receiver in my scenario. So far so good.

But then... I go to SXMB_ADM --> Configure Sender/Receiver ID

I want to define a receiver containing my BS and receiver interface, but that's the problem.

If I take the tab "receiver interface", no interfaces are present! Only:

NAME NAMESPACE

InterfaceCollection http://sap.com/xi/XI/System

That seems strange to me.

If I add the interface namespace and name manually, I got an error: <interface_name> is not an interface

Thanks.

Dimitri

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
But when I added the interface and then I put " * " for the interface, no error appears. Also the 
other way around, * for interface and namespace filled in

This means that you are not using the full name of the interface in the receiver tab of the Business Component or in agreement...addition of a " * " indicates that you are choosing a wildcard search....Somewhere the name is not correct...

Suppose I have 100 Business Components....and want to select one of them...I just know first few words in the business component so what i do is i give the first two words followed by " * "....this will point to the components which match the criteria....i suppose same thing happening in your case...

Just make sure that SI Name, Namespace are the same (including IN /OUT, Async/Sync) in IR and in ID....

regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I opened the Receiver Agreement and did a copy-paste of the interface and namespace.

So the names should be correct.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sometimes when i am preparing the the technical document for a scenario i also copy-paste the names / namespaces...but then a space gets inserted (untentionally)....check if something similar is happening for you too....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope... No spaces... I double checked...

Very strange I cannot indicate Receiver Interfaces even though they really exist because I've configured my Receiver Agreement and the scenario is working fine...

Answers (0)