cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartforms in Hindi (an Indian Language).....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Champs!

I have a requirement of printing Smartforms in Hindi. Hindi is the official language of India, and is supported by Unicode SAP systems. I am using ECC 6.0. How to do this???

After a thorough research in SDN and other resources, all what I did was:

- Downloaded a Hindi font from Internet, and uploaded that font to R/3 through t-code SE73, say zfont.ttf

- Created a new SmartStyle using this zfont.ttf and implemented this SmartStyle in my SmartForm.

Now, the output which is displaying in Print Preview, is English. I need this in Hindi.

Using Text Modules, we can convert the output to a target language, which only consists of around 41 languages (found in T002). Hindi is not included in that, thus, the Text Module Option is not going to work.

Another source revealed that if Hindi Language can be included in the SAP system, we can find Hindi Font in T002, and thus can convert the output to Hindi. Now, I am not aware how to include Hindi Language in SAP.

Can anyone please guide me through this peculiar problem of displaying output in Hindi?

I found this issue to be redundant in almost every SAP forum, including SDN. But, no concrete solution is provided.

Can we all come together and solve this riddle? I believe we all can do together!

Awaiting your solutions....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you use MS Word as editor or the old PC editor in transaction Smartforms? To check this please check that SAP note #999472 is in your system. Then run report RSCPINST via transaction SE38

and go via the menu: Goto - Set MS Word as editor. Is the flag 'Smartforms' set? If not, please set it and activate. MS Word is a Unicode editor.

After this you should be able to use Hindi characters in Smartforms editor. To print the Hindi characters you need to use cascading fonts device type SWINCF.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After developing samrt form

Go SE63 T.code

Go "translation" from menu, under go "ABAP Objects", under go "Other language text"

Select "FS Forms and Styles" under SSF SAP Smart Form

Give Object Name : ZXXXXXXX(Smart form name)

Give source language : EN

Target language: HI.

press EDIT button

we will give HINDI text instead of english text.( in the above pane whatever text gave by text editor, below pane will give which language you want)

Regards,

Bhupal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the reply!

Well, I tried your steps, but, in the Target language, there is no Hindi. There are around 41 languages, which are eventually found in T002.

But, no HI.

Now, if we are able to install the Hindi language, I guess we can get the HI option in the Target language. Can you tel me how to install Hindi Language?

Thanks again....

PS: Meanwhile, in the Object Name section, if we give the name of the Smartforms, one error is displaying: Object not found. May be, we need to create a Text Module in place of Smartforms?

Firoz_Ashraf
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohul,

Even if you have not installed any Hindi font from SE73 and language HINDI is not installed ( BASIS transaction I18N ) you can get Hindi printed in your Scripts & Smartforms ( in the following workaround method)

Pre-requisite:

1. You must have Unicode enabled SAP version.

2. Your PC must have Hindi laguage installed on it.

That is if you open MS Word then you must be able to type Hindi.

Now coming back to SAPScript/ Smartforms.

Go to SO10. Create any standard text in Language English (Since Hindi is not installed in your SAP). However once you are in the editor change the keyboard language to Hindi and type any Hindi sentence. Check the print preview of this text !

Use this text in your SAPScript/ Smartforms wherever Hindi is required.

Regards,

Firoz.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi feroz!

thnks for the reply..

well.. the method u mentioned is definitely out of the box.. and i was able to reflect hindi fonts in smartforms. but, the variable data such as values from internal table or database table can not be brought into smartforms by using this method.

only the data which is constant or the data which i write in the text object can be shown in smartforms.

I need some dynamic data as well.. such as the data from a select statement.. translated into hindi and shown in the smartforms.

your help is hugely appreciated!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohul,

Did u get any solution for the variable being translated to Hindi?? try for some function module or if you found any other method then do let me know...

Firoz_Ashraf
Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, I haven't use it for the dynamic data. However, try using the translation environment SE63 and see if it could be of any use.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think it is possible yet. so why not you try and let us know what problem you are facing in that.

Regards

Karthik D

Former Member
0 Kudos

In case a person would have read my query, he would have come to know that I had tried few stuff regarding the Hindi font, which are NOT working.

If I had known the solution, SDN would have have been the first platform where I would have published it.

But alas, I cant do that.

Thanks for all the help, though.

Where there is will, there is definitely a way too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you also need to install hindi language and then check the output.

Lets try out this thing...if it works then the ball is in your court.

Please let me know is it working or no?

Or I will also search something for you as it seems quite interesting issue....

Thanks,

Hemal Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, the issue is unique indeed. And, as far as now, there hasnt been much developement too.

In order to install Hindi Font, we have contacted the basis guys. But, they are not able to find that. May be it is not available so easily.

I will definitely post the solution once it is done.

Cheerzz...

PS: can u tell how to insall the Hindi font?? may be tht will help..??