cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shipment cost document- cancel

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

We are facing the problem while canceling the shipment cost .

Scenarios :

1> We would like to cancel the shipment cost document (service acceptance and invoice receipt are done ), created for the month April, with cancel date May, when we click on cancel check box ( item level), then entered the cancel date . The system is pop ups an error message saying *" General error during acceptance posting " , inspite of this message if we save the document then Cancel shipment cost check box will get updated, but this will not cancel the service acceptance doc.

2> The same error is appearing we are trying to cancel shipment cost docuemnt created for the month of may. though posting period is open we are not able to cancel the shipment cost doc.

Error is : General error during acceptance posting

Mess No:SE117

Information on this error message is generic , did not get any clue for the cause.

Kindly advise how to rectify this.

Thanks and Regards,

SAN

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

during shipment cost document processing, service acceptance is done (automatically) at a point during/after shipment cost transfer to FI. i presume then that service acceptance is a subsequent transaction to shipment cost processing. perhaps you need to reverse service acceptance first before the shipment cost document can be cancelled.

in a corollary note, service acceptance sets the pre-condition to MIRO and AP processing. perhaps these need to be reversed/cancelled as well. for this, an MM consultant could help in greater detail.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> hello, friend.

>

> during shipment cost document processing, service acceptance is done (automatically) at a point during/after shipment cost transfer to FI. i presume then that service acceptance is a subsequent transaction to shipment cost processing. perhaps you need to reverse service acceptance first before the shipment cost document can be cancelled.

>

> in a corollary note, service acceptance sets the pre-condition to MIRO and AP processing. perhaps these need to be reversed/cancelled as well. for this, an MM consultant could help in greater detail.

>

> regards.

Hello,

Thax for the reply.

Yes, as you said,,we did the same way, we reverse the service acceptance first and then we try to cancel the SCD, but did not work.

Please let us if any other condition is involved in this.

Regrads,

Thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello.

i see....

try looking into the financial side with the help of an FICO consultant. since CO is relevant for the shipment cost document, there might still be some need to reverse FI or CO related transactions before deleting/cancelling the shipment cost document. when you cancelled service acceptance, what became of the status of Accounts Payables?

if you observe any other warning or error messages, please let us know.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jonathan,

Thank you very much for your replies and advice on this.

As you have suggested, we are working alongwith FI team

I have a quick question, hope to get answer .

While dubugging the program , we found that " basic error " which is related to price of goods movement.

The error message (M7 330), Price of goods mvt will become negative.

This issue did not occur in SAP v 4.6C, (had SAP note implemnted in 4.60C),we are facing this in ECC 6.0 version. We searched for SAP note, no help.Did not find any note to fix this up.

If you have any idea on this, please share it.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

SAN

0 Kudos

Hi,

The error which your getting below:

Re: SE117: General error during acceptance posting.

May be due to number range missing for WE Doc type. -- Maintain in FBN1

-- Because at the time of saving the entry sheet, System automatically post MIGO document. And because of the absence of the number ranges i Got the error which i mentioned above.

May be this is the cause. Kindly check.

Regards

Mahesh

Answers (0)