cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Different Payer for One Line Item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Can we achieve two different payer for single line item .Here the payment will be done by

both the Payer for that line item.Accordingly i want the account posting in FI.

Thanks in Advance

Regards

scm sd

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This doesn't sound logical. How do you maintain the open items/receivables (against which payer) in accounting?

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

Thanks for your initial response.

It really sounds illogical . But in Hopsital when patient gets admitted and the payment is

borne by Patient as well as the Insurance company.Here the customer is the patient and the

payer is Patient as well as the insurance party.

Isnt it the same case. How to map in standard sap.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

the system in default settings will not allow multiple payers in a sales order. the reason for this is that having multiple payers in one document conflicts with credit control for the entire document. you cannot evaluate the document value against 2 or more payer credit accounts.

of course, i've tried partially serving the order up to invoicing and then changing the payer. after this, processing the balance will be allowed with the invoice reflecting the new payer.

however, no more than 1 payer can exist at a time.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again.

if there is only 1 line item and it could not be split, then maintain the patient as the payer and the insurance company as another partner function... maybe an agent.

or you could just maintain the patient as sold-to, with the insurance as payer. in this way, you can still make analysis based on the sold-to, and the accounts receivable via the insurance agent.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jon

Thanks for your suggestion.

the system in default settings will not allow multiple payers in a sales order. the reason for this is that having multiple payers in one document conflicts with credit control for the entire document. you cannot evaluate the document value against 2 or more payer credit accounts

Suppose the credit management is not being activated

then will it be possible.

i've tried partially serving the order up to invoicing and then changing the payer. after this, processing the balance will be allowed with the invoice reflecting the new payer.

Can you throw some light how did you achieve this?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello.

i think whether or not credit management is activated, the system will still disallow multiple payers in said line item. come to think of it, when i tested this credit management was not active. nevertheless, the error message that resulted explained the reasons, which i stated earlier, appeared.

thank you for that point as well. i learned something, too.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

check this scenario,

suppose if ur line item contain 100 qty split the line into two based on ur proportion and in the item level of each line item manually change the payers as per ur requirement and do the rest delivery and PGI, in this scenario system will create two invoices.

Regards,

kishore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore

What will happen when the item quantity is only one.which is being paid by two payers

Is there any work around for this?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

We configured this scenario for our client ... belongs to mining, for some customers there are multiple ship to parties and differnt payers ( based on ship to parties) in this scenario we had done splitting the order qty manually and assigned the payer in the item level.... std system allows you if u use the normal partner funcions ...no workaround is required.

Regards,

kishore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore

Can you share what all settings you have done to achieve this configuration?

Highly appreciated your answe.

Thanks

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In such case, how about maintaining patient as the payer for all those items that are not allowed for claiming against insurance and maintain the insurance company as the payer for all those line items which can be claimed against insurance.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

Thanks for your suggestion. But the issue is that a particular line item will be

paid in proportion e.g. the payment of Room rent is 20%-80% or 30-70. Then

how to handle this.

thanks