cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling and partial confirmation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

i have created a project, released......

now i am confirming the activities................my question is, when i am partially confirming the activities,

ex: duration of activity id 10 days, today when i am confirming the activity with 50% progress, its not showing the actual start date in the activity as well as in the project planning board.

if i am confirming 100%, then its showing the actual start as well as actual finsih .................

Question2: ex: if the duration of the activity is 10days, and if i have started the actvity today and completed 50%, will the system show the other 50% completion in one day.........and project the completion of the project to be completed by tomorrow??? or will the system shows the other 50% completion in 9 days.....

10 days actvity ....

50% completed in one day, will it project the other 50% completion in 1 days, or shows as 9 days??????

hope so my question is clear.

Regards

surya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya Pampala,

Question No-1

While partially confirming the activity, you have to enter the Actual start data also on the confirmation screen along with percentage. this will be immediatly reflected in actual dates in network activity also and will be displayed in cj20n and cj2b as well.

Question No-2

As per the activity planning 10 days required for 100 % completing the activity. as per the execution, 50% work is completed in 1 day. If you want system should calculate the remaining time required to complete the activity you have to reschedule ( if you achieve planned duration based on the work planned for a work centre in the activity) the activity. If you have planned only days with out capacity requirements in the activity, you can enter forcast date of completion while confirming 50% for that activity.

Hope this will clear you.....for any queries plz revert back !!

regards,

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

question1: ans 2 answer: the system doest allow u to put actual date only with % completed work ( this is happening for me)............can we do it??? if we can , when am i going wrong???

question 2: i have rescheduled the project .................i am askig whether system calculates??? if so, where they will be displayed.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

Q-1

you have to enter both actual start and finish dates for executing 50 % work (i.e partial confirmation) Based on the latest confirmation, system overwrites the actual finish date for that activity. this reflects in planning board and all reports belongs to scheduling.

SYSTEM GIVES AN ERROR MESSAGE IF YOU ENTER ONLY ACTUAL START DATE !!

Q-2

If you reschedule the project, system will calculates the remaining plan duration based on the available capacity and remaining work to be completed for that activity and updates the changes in schedule dates (both earliest and latest) this reflects in all scheduling reports and planning board as well.

If you have simply planned normal duration in the activity without capacities, system will not consider any changes (i.e proposing 1 day to complete remaining 50%, because that is you planned data)

regards,

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks dear

points alloted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Surya,

Thank You !!