cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert Web Dynpro ear to par or zar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had a Web Dynpro application in ear file format. I need to integrate it into EP (i know how to do it in ear format following the tutorial available), but for EP certification purpose, i need to deliver it in zar or par file format (correct me if i'm wrong). Is there any quick way to convert it? Any help woould be much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After i deployed WDP application as iview template in Portal -> ContentAdministration -> PortalContent, i right clicked on the newly-created iview and open the object and preview it. I found that the input field(date) and drop-down-by-key was not working properly, which was running fine in WDP ear format.

Any one give me some idea of how to solve it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

To Convert a WD EAR file to EP PAR file.

-o Change the perspective to Enterprise portal.

-o Create your project ie. Portal Application project.

-o There you can create your Portal Application object which can be Abstractportalcomponent or dynpage or jspdynpage.

-o export the PAR file. Right click on project then export. Set you server settings like give the usr/pwd, mach name.

-o After deploying the PAR, you can go to Portal -> ContentAdministration -> PortalContent and select the option 'create iview from PAR'.

Now you have an iView from your PAR file.

also go through this link:

-o http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/11/0d653f0c9fa075e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Try reading the above n Please do let us know if you could solve it. Gud luck !

Rgds,

Sreenivas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

3. There you can create your Portal Application object which can be Abstractportalcomponent or dynpage or jspdynpage --> Can you elaborate more on this point? How do i apply it to my existing web dynpro project? Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

We have recently got one of our Web Dynpro products SAP Netweaver Certified.

They expect the application component to be in SCA Format(Software Comeponent Archive)

There are many documents available for this on the SDN and other sources.

In case of any queries you cant get back to me.

Thanks,

Samta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

For certification purpose you need to deliver it as a Business Package which can be directly be imported into portal.

For this you have to do two things -

1) You must have deployed it onto portal.

Create iviews on them, iviews,pages, worksets,roles on them.

Export this portal content. This is now available in the .par format. Convert this to sca. This can be directly imported using SDM(Software Deployment Manager)

2) Secondly you need to deliver your ear in sca formats, which can be directly deployed through SDM.

For this, you need to use sapmake_util.

There are naming conventions to be followed for roles, worksets,iviews,packages,sca,etc...

So now, your Business Package contains you application(in form of sca) and Portal content (also in form of sca)

Thanks,

Samta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samta,

I had created ivew, pages, workset and roles. I had spent many hours looking for resource on how to export portal content and convert it into sca. Can you kindly give me the url of the documents on how to do it? Thanks.