Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefighter Dashboard (/virsa/vfat) status is not changed after log on.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there,

I have configured the Firefighter Dashboard (/virsa/vfat) and try to log on using Firefighter ID. I log on to the new session with Firefighter ID sucessfully, but the status (traffic light) is not changed from green to RED light in t-code: /virsa/vfat. Furthermore, it is possible to log on again using the same Firefighter ID.

In the best practice document in SDN ( you can check the link page 7) , the status of light is changed.

Could you please give me the help?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

My question as unanswered

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Your FF user should have authorization for auth. object S_RFC with field RFC_NAME= SYST.

This object can be added to your general display role,which is provided to your FF id.

Thanks

Peeyush.

0 Kudos

Thank you Peeyush for helping me.

But it was not worked. And I wondered that you understood my problem exactly or not.

The point in the question is that T-code /virsa/vfat does not working properly regarding the status. I think the traffic light should be changed from green light to red when I use the FF id, but it doesn't work.

The program's(/virsa/vfat) traffic light still green even though I use the FF id.

Is there any way to send to you the pdf file that describe the detailed screen?

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

First of all you should not logon with fire fighter ID. For that you have to apply User Exit note 992200.

You should assign FF ID to business users and they will fire fight whenever required.

Thanks,

Sudip.

0 Kudos

Thank you Supid for helping me.

Actually I added this User Exit note 992200. The problem that I have is the program (/virsa/vfat) does not work properly with the traffic light. It is not changing from green to red when I use the FF ID.

Could you please give me another solution?

Edited by: Josh 123 on Jun 4, 2009 3:44 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any way to post the PDF file in here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

My question as unanswered

0 Kudos

Hi Josh,

Please let us know which version and patch level you are having.

If it is AC 5.3 patch 7 then consider SAP note - 1319031

FireFigter Role should have these authorizations-

/VIRSA/Z_VFAT_FIREFIGHTER

Object - S_RFC

ACTVT----

RFC_NAME----

SYST

RFC_TYPE----

FUGR

Object -S_TCODE

TCD----

/VIRSA/VFAT

Object - GRCFF_0001

ACTVT *

Additionally The firefighter should have authorization -

S_USER_GRP

ACTVT 05

CLASS <FFID#s User Group>

This locks the FFID once a firefighter is logged in.

Regards,

Sabita

0 Kudos

Dear Sabita,

Thank you for helping me.

The GRC Access controls is 5.3 and patch 8, and I already applied the SAP note - 1319031

After applied this note, I could solve the problem related the error message : "You are not authorized to change passwords in user group XXXX"

I added the

Object - S_RFC

ACTVT----

RFC_NAME----

SYST

RFC_TYPE----

FUGR

Object -S_TCODE

TCD----

/VIRSA/VFAT

Object - GRCFF_0001

ACTVT *

In addition, I tested authorization object : S_USER_GRP,

ACTVT 05

CLASS <FFID#s User Group> or *

to the Firefighter authorization /VIRSA/Z_VFAT_FIREFIGHTER

Unfortunately, the traffic light is not changed and I can even logon with the same FFID using another Firefighter.

Would you please give me solution?

Regards,

Josh

0 Kudos

Hi Josh,

This should not be the case. Ideally it will change the status to busy(red light) and wont let any other user log in. I guess there is some configuration problem, because in our scenario, it is working fine.

Please raise a message to SAP, they would log in to your system and debug it.

Regards,

Sabita

0 Kudos

Hello Sabita,

Thanks Sabita for your consideration.

Finally, I found the function error in the program(/VIRSA/VFAT) after debugging it.

The function(RFC_GET_LOCAL_DESTINATIONS) seemed to run differently according to the SAP releases version 46C. I tested this function in version 640, I found that the function worked properly.

However, in version 46C, there is not any value in RFCDEST field, when I run this function.

I will send this problem to OSS.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Josh

Edited by: Josh 123 on Jun 5, 2009 12:09 PM