cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to post cancellation invoice to accounting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have one scenario in which the user has done Order ->Delivery ->Invoice -> Accounting documnent is Cleared. he created Cancellation invoice and trying to post the cancellation document to accounting. but system is giving error message unable to post document because foreign trade data is missing. therefore unable to post the document to account. Document flow is as follows.

Order - Completed

Delivey -Completed

Invoice -Completed

Accounting Doc-Cleared

Cancellation Invoice - Missing export data

The invoice and cancellation was created a year before. and user didn't face any problem while posting normal (F2) invoice to accounting. system did not throw the same error message.

Now, user want to post the cancellation document to accounting. Kindly let me know what can be done in this case.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks a lot for your inputs. specially thanks to Mr. Akasha with his valuable inputs we are able to solve the problem.

Regards,

PSM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

You cannot cancel a cleared invoice and post it to accounts. if it is alredy cleared then what is the use of cancellation and what would happen to the payemnt received from customer ?

you can reverse the clearing done for the invocie , then create cancellation document and post it

you would also have to open the periods one year back !!

Hope this helps

Thanks

akasha

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
"Accounting Doc-Cleared"

Really I missed to note this and given a wrong suggestion and only after going through Akasha's comments, I realised my mistake. Sorry and thanks Akasha

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr Akasha,

Thanks for your inputs.

if we follow the procedure suggested by you kindly let me know while posting cancellation to accounting how to avoid system error Export data missing.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since the billing document was generated a year back, not sure even if you complete the foreign trade data in cancelled billing document, whether accounting document for this cancelled one will generate in the same period.

Anyway you can make a try in VF02 where key in the cancelled billing reference and execute. There click from top menu bar, "Goto --> Header --> Foreign Trade/Customs" where you can see incompleteness analysis button. Click that so that system will take you to the fields where you need to maintain the data.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Laxmipathy,

Thanks for your quick reply. we tried to change the document using VF02 but system is not allowing to change the data.

Kindly help in this case.

Thanks in advance.