cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to test WebDynpro Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am learning WebDynPro Application development by installing SAP NetWeaver 7.1 Demo System from SDN.

I am able to view the Views as Preview in SE80 Layout TabPage and they work fine. But an activated WDA wont show up on my browser. I seem to be getting a set of errors that take turns, such as "Die URL enthält keine vollständige Domainangabe (sree statt sree.). "

Occasionally, a logon page is opened in the browser but i dont know what username/password to input. No matter what i input it wont work.

During installation I did not specify FQDN since I do not know what it is and since mine is a desktop installation.

I am new to WDA. Could someone help me with a detailed instruction to help solve the problem.

I have carried out the following:

MS Loop Back Adapter Installed as instructed.

Java Runtime Engine 1.4.2 installed as instructed in installation.

Host name set up in : e:WINDOWSsystem32driversetchosts as 192.168.0.2 NSP

The above IP is connected to home wireless Router network, and internet connection is working fine

Installation of Netweaver 7.1 Demo system carried out with no errors.So did not carry out any post installation steps but able to work with the demosystem alright.

SICF activation of services carried out as per the help link Active Services in SICF

For example, I am trying to run demo_flash_flight application and its ICF is seen as active as shown in GO TO > HTTP Service Maintenance

One of the many different errors that come up are :

The URL http://sree:8000/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/demo_flash_flight was not called due to an error

The following error text was processed in the system NSP : Die URL enthält keine vollständige Domainangabe (sree statt sree.).

The error occurred on the application server sree_NSP_00 and in the work process 0 .

The termination type was: RABAX_STATE

Guess the link has to be https instead of http. How to switch this to HTTPS.

Tried setting up user name/password in the WDA service was not successful.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

could you try with "localhost:8000" instead of "<hostname>:8000" ? User/Password is the same as Logon via SAPGUI.

Kind regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the suggestion. It works. )

But couple of questions.

1)It takes a long time to load.

2) Everytime, i have to manually change the url from hostname to <localhost>:8000.

3)Also what is the default username / password for SAP WAS. Is it right to assume, each time i start the instance, the WAS is also started? is there a way i can tune it so that the browser loads happen fast.

The above questions are not show stoppers. I am able to work with the programs. Thanks for the suggestion. Going by the SDN posts, there are many who have had this problem. Your suggestion is definitely a helper.

thanks heaps!

Cheers Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

if you go to transaction smicm -> Goto -> Parameter -> Show you can see the Parameter "icm/host_name_full", the hostname of your webserver. You can set that parameter in the instance profile of your application server using transaction RZ10.

The load time can have a lot of reasons, i have no concrete idea. Does a standard WD application (try e.g.OTHELLO, if it exists in 7.1 ...) also take that long time to load ?

There is no standard User/pwd. You can configure your WD application for anonymous access or maintain a User/Password for it via transaction sicf.

Sorry for the short answer, i'm a bit in hurry

Kind regards

Andreas

Answers (0)