Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display of Material Documents via ME23N w/o assigning MIGO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We currently have a SOD issue wrt to MIGO.

To display the Material Documents via the Purchase Order History in ME23N, access to MIGO is required. And in order to release a Service Entry, access is required to the M_MSEG objects which is also used for doing a Goods Receipt.

Once we assign the Role with only display access to MIGO (to view material documents via ME23N) and we assign the role to release Service Entries, the User can do a Goods Receipt via MIGO.

Is there any other way to allow access to display the Material Documents via ME23N, without assigning access to MIGO? The Object M_MSEG_WMB is already in the role, but the SU53 still shows access is required to MIGO.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruce,

There is a transaction code which allows you to open the MIGO document in display mode only.

I am not sure of it.. but you need to take help from you MM person to find the right transaction for that.

Regards,

Chinmaya

0 Kudos

I know Transaction MB03 can be used to display the Material Documents, but the problem is if you want to view them from the Purchase Order History via ME23N.

If you display the Purchase Order and go to the Purchase Order history, the Material Document number will be displayed if a goods receipt was captured for the PO. If you click on the Material Document number, it automatticaly calls up MIGO to display the document. If you do not have access to MIGO, you can not display the Document via the PO History even if you have access to MB03.

0 Kudos

i remeber having had this conflict often.

1st solution do not grant the access to users that have MIGO conflict.

2nd make a customer copy of the program, then remove the authorisation request for T_CODE MIGO in the ABAO and asign that to the users.

3rd solution do not assign MIGO in the menu, but in a seperate auth object S_TCODE value MIGO. and let the business controller (or auditor) approve that solution by signing of a document describing this.

ML_Camso
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We also have the same problem but we're not using Service Entries.

When you say "Once we assign the Role with only display access to MIGO (to view material documents via ME23N)", what did you include in your role (tcode, security objects)?

Thanks in advance for you help!

sreekanth_sunkara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

can't you use customized tcode for this purpose? contact your ABAP development team with the requirement and probably they may write a customized program with a cutsom tcode.

Thanks,

SS

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you tried SE97? As far as I understand your requirement you want to avoid S_TCODE check for MIGO from ME23N. You can turn off check for MIGO but it might have some unwanted consequences. The user might be able to switch to different document and do goods receipt after calling MIGO from ME23N.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Sure I've seen/replied to this question before but I'm having a grey moment

Service entry sheets and goods receipts are similar in their purpose - to allow the next step in the procurement process after the goods or services have been provided.

Basic SoD rules state that having access to a purchase order (doc type NB say) and ML81N or MIGO in change mode is a conflict

Having PO doc type UB (or any Z version of it) with goods receipts should be okay as this is only moving stock within the company.

Basically, don't try to find a way around the objects bleed...