cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

confusion in DIP setting .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I am configuring DIP profile to use it for creation of quotation in projects thru project builder. I am checking my DIP settings but as i am doing it for the first time so, there is a lots of question and confusion in my mind, i have searched for my questions but not got satisfactory results. I am not clear that what are the exact settings i need to do ...like what characterstics should i choose? , what to do with indicators No summarixation, DI w/materail, Mat determination etc etc.and what is the significance of Set ID and why do we use it.? is it mandatory to use a Set?

Please someone tell me the exact step by step settings i need to do in DIP profile so that i can use it for creation of Quotation.

I will be very thankful for all ur explanations.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

Please go through the note that Mr.Mrinal has referred to. I think you have just gone thru the note as a whole. There is PDF document at the end of the note.Download that and go through it.It explains the DIP settings,purpose and scope in a very detailed manner.There should not be any problem for you in configuring DIP once you go through that PDF thoroughly.

Please revert in case there is anything else we can help you on.

Best Regards,

Gokul

Mrinal_K_Roy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

OSS note 301117 has an excellent document on DIP profile.It details all setting in ODP1.

Regards,

Mrinal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mrinal

Thanks for ur answer but i have already gone thru that note and PDF but still i am confused with the use of following indicators No summarization, DI w/material determination,Mat.determination, Set ID..

Please help me out.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the DIP Settings in IDES,there you can see few DIP Profiles and then you understand the settings.

Muzamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

select only DI w/material determination (through material dynamic items will be created)

set ID - this is similar to groups , you can create a set id for list of cost elements or activity types