cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change of ship-to party right before dispatch on delivery (not order)

Former Member
0 Kudos

have a client that consistently has to change the ship-to party right before dispatch. the client has customers that are dealers, who in turn have sub-dealers. the dealers very rarely accept shipment to their address, they want the delivery posted to the sub-dealers and this can change at the last minute. as of right now, the addresses for sub-dealers is not maintained by the client, but they would like to have this option.

i would like to maintain the address of the sub-dealers. but once the delivery document is created the ship-to party is greyed out, how would i change this, so i can enter a new ship-to party? the address changes last minute, but after the delivery has been created.

thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In standard SAP it is not possible.

Once , you create a Delivery document, you can not change the Ship-to-party. Ship-to-party is a Header data in Delivery.

If you want the change then you have to delete the Delivery.

Make your client understand that it is not only Ship-to-party, so many other related data will get redetermine once the Ship-to-party is changed.

For example, When Ship-to-party is changed, Route will be redetermined, Tax will be redetermined, partial delivery agreement may be different etc.

The new Ship-to-party may have a choice of different Plant also.

Normally, the above data are determined in Sales order, therefore you can change those in Sales order only and NOT possible to change in the Delivery document.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

if the delivery document has been created, you cannot change the ship-to either in the sales order (i believe the item level... will check on header), or the delivery.

however, if you change the ship-to party's ADDRESS, in SAP standard the changes are supposed to automatically update open SD transactions. this is supposed to be one of the few exceptions to the NO UPDATE rule in SD.

please try this.

regards.