cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who can I see the Kernel Patch label in BIW Server through Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Who can I see the Kernel Patch label in BIW Server through Application, the Server is in Wondows platform.

Edited by: Gaurav on Jun 3, 2009 9:25 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Wat exactly you want, i am confused to see your questions actually.

Any wayz if you want to check the kernel patch level then you can see in SAP level in System-Status, sm51->release notes and at OS level disp+work.exe.

-Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Thanks a lot for your reply, there are some more related quires regarding Kernel Patch label, I would be very much thankfully to you if you consider the same:

1) How to decide which Kernel Patch labels have to implement i.e. we are having BW 3.5 Kernel Patch label 43?

2) How to determine the features involved if we go for latest Kernel Patch up gradation?

3) How to determine the what all changes and enhancement are associated after latest Kernel Patch up gradation.

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please go to service market Place and check the latest patch for kernel.

Just go with the kernel latest -1 so that you have the stable one.

You can find the Notes in the service market place for the latest release and function.

you shall go to the latest -1 as sap brought that patch as there were some error or issue in the old kernel and new functionalty in the New Kernel.

Thanks Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Well Kernel files are not subject to the Features, its executables of SAP.

eg: you will start the SAP system by using command startsap rite? then how that system is getting started? did u think any time, because of this executables only that system will start once you use the comand.

so similarly there is lot of executables in kernel directory means /run directory they will control the complete system.

As part of new features then you have to go for the system updates.

-Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just go to Menu system-> status -> then there is arrow button in the bottom click on it you shall se the kernel patch level.

you can see it in ST06 also.

Thanks Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

Thanks a lot for your reply, there are some more related quires regarding Kernel Patch label, I would be very much thankfully to you if you consider the same:

1) How to decide which Kernel Patch labels have to implement i.e. we are having BW 3.5 Kernel Patch label 43?

2) How to determine the features involved if we go for latest Kernel Patch up gradation?

3) How to determine the what all changes and enhancement are associated after latest Kernel Patch up gradation.

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

New functionality are not given in the terms of new kernel patch by SAP. Kernel pathces contains the technical correction delivered by SAP and it is always suggested to stay on the latest kernel pathces so that most of the corrections provided by SAP is in your system.

If you want some new features to be added in your system, you should think your upgrading your SP stack level.

With Regards,

Saurabh