cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing SAP GRC AC 5.3 and 5.2 in same windows server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it possible to run both SAP GRC AC 5.3 and 5.2 on the same server? Basically for testing purpose prior to upgrade?

What would be the technical issues?

Regards,

Nagendran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If by same server you mean same instance - Then the answer is no

If you will install a seperate SAP instance for 5.3 on the same server - then the answer is yes

Provded your server has enough power to support both

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with grcuser99 on the JAVA-part. You need to two application servers.

But I'm not sure about the backend. Is it possible to install multiple RTA's in the backend? Can they co-exist without any problem? Or is it possible to use the same RTA for both versions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a similar requirement:

We have WAS640AC5.2 running in a windows server connecing to backend landscape "A". We plan to install WAS700AC5.3 in this same server for backend landscape "B".

What i would like to know is WAS640AC5.2 & WAS700AC5.3 can exist together in the same server?

Regards,

Muruga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can go with the installtion of WAS640AC5.2 & WAS700AC5.3 in the same windows server.

But your system's hardware configuration should be higher one. Each J2EE instance consumes 2GB of RAM minimum.

And you can install WAS640AC5.2 with backend system A and WAS700AC5.3 with backend system B. I don't think any problem will come by this configuration.

Regards,

Sudip.