Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the NWDS version needed for ESS600 SP13 customization work

susmita_panigrahi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All.

We are using NWDS 2.0.15 for the existing application which is on EP6.0 SP15.

Now basis team has created the new track for ESS/MSS customization.They have added ESS600 And MSS600 package of SP13 to HR track.

Can any body tell whether NWDS 2.0.15 will be ok for the ESS/MSS customization work?Can we use NWDS 2.0.15 for both ESS/MSS customization and for the existing webdynpro application which is on EP6.0 SP15?

Thanks

Susmita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I am not wrong(others can put their comments on this), the advantage of using NWDI and track conecpts are as following:

a) While completing the configuration for NWDI i.e. creation of product, software component, track the basis team will also be mentioning the required libraries: J2EE_BUILD (3 libraries)

b) Between SP13 and SP15, there are no major addition of UI elements or feautues w.r.t web dynpro.

Based on above 2 points, I can suggest you that there will not be any issue by using existing version of NWDS.

regards,

ganga

susmita_panigrahi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ganga ,

Thanks for reply.

I have small doubt.Some DC od MSS software component is not working in my NWDS, where as in mu colleague machine those DCs are working fine.That is build is successful and there is no errors in Task section.Where as in my NWDS build is successful , still showing code related error in Task section.

Thanks

Susmita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer SAP Note 761266u2014which version of NWDS should be used

If the DC's are building successfully..

Close and Open you NWDS once. so that you might not see the errors in the task section.

Regards,

Saleem

susmita_panigrahi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

In SAP note its mentioned that for ESS/MSS SP13 minimun requirement is j2ee engine 6.40 SP17.

However for existing webdynpro application which is on EP 6.40 , SP level is 15.For this we are using NWDS 2.0.15.

Below are some of my doubts:

1.Whether we will go for NWDS 7.0.15 or NWDS 2.0.17(for SP 17 j2EE engine need to be upgraded which client may not agree)

2.If we will go for NWDS 7.0.15 , will the existing application will work fine in NWDS tool

3.If we will go for 2.0.17(higher version from SP15), existing application will work fine in NWDS tool

4.If we will go for NWDS 7.0.15 whether JSDK 1.4.2_09 will be compartible(current JSDK version that we are using.

Thanks

Susmita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yo posted saying:"in other machine build is successful and there is no errors in Task section"

a) Is there any difference in version of NWDS, JRE used by you and your colleague?

If not, then whatever version of NWDS by you may not be affecting build errors in your system. Safest option would be

a) remove the configuration from NWDS of ur desktop and take a back up of code if u have done major development - ONLY CODE

b) close NWDS

c) go to your documents folder and delete .dtc and .dtr folders

d) reimport configuration

e) create project and build the DC

regards,

ganga

susmita_panigrahi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ganga,

Thanks for quick response.

NWDS versions aer same in my machine and my colleague machine that is 2.0.15

Java version in my machine is 2.4_09 where as in my colleague machine 2.4.08

Friday i created new DTR client.Result was buid is successful and In the task section no errors were there.However when i opend the Implementaion page of mss/eepro/absensedays its showing errors.

So i asked my colleague to open the implementaion tab of DC mss/eepro/absensedays .He is also getting error on this page.

So we are suspecting that its a NWDS version problem as we are using lower version .

Could you please provide the information that i have asked just before, so that it will clarify my doubts?

Thanks

Susmita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it would be better if you can Open SAP ticket for this.

regards,

ganga

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

susmita_panigrahi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

After installing NWDS 7.0 the issue solved.