cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC to IDOC Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi-

I have a scenario where i am getting an Idoc from r/3 and i am sending the same Idoc outside to a file system. So i have imported my Idoc structure and I have created two message Interfaces(one for inbound and one for outbound). I don't have any mappings as i am not converting anything(the message is just a pass thru).

In configuration i have created the File communication channel for outbound,Receiver Determination(no mapping),Interface mapping(no Interface mapping is defined),and Receiver Agreement.

Is this a correct way to do?

Thank you

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

The Scenario your doing is very clearly an IDOC - XI -File Scenario and not an ID0C - XI -IDOC Scenario.

Since your target structure is same as the message type of the Idoc, mapping is not required. You can directly go on with it. If you are changing/transforming something then Mapping is required.

Also go through this blog for any queries on Mapping:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions

If you have any doubts regarding IDOC-XI-FILE scenario, please go through the information below and clear all your doubts.

While doing an IDOC -> XI -> File scenario, The Points to noted are:

1. You don’t need a DT, MT or a message interface for the IDOC as it itself acts as the Message Interface.

2. You import the IDOC and use the same in your mapping.

3. In this configuration note that you don’t have a sender agreement as you don’t have a sender IDOC adapter.

If it is that you wanted to send an IDOC from XI (File to IDOC) , then in this case:

Points 1 and 2 will remain, but the 3 will not. You will need a sender agreement for the file and a receiver agreement for the IDOC.

<u><b>IDOC - XI - File scenario ref: </b></u>

<a href="/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters scenario</a>

<u><b>File - XI - IDOC Scenario ref:</b></u>

<a href="/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/12/22/file-to-multiple-idocs-xslt-mapping to IDOC</a>

For an IDOC to FILE, I would also suggest that you through this weblog:

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters

You will also have to create a business system of third party type in your XI.

To be able to trigger your IDOC from the SAP ISU system, you will have to set the partner profile in we20. Select your Business System ( mostly under Logical system) and then create Outbound entries for whichever IDOC you want to trigger.

Also, I would suggest that you go through this blog by michal if any issue arises on the same,

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/xi-error--unable-to-convert-the-sender-service-to-an-ale-logical-system

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions

Do check the info provided and let us know if you need any clarification.

Regards,

abhy

Message was edited by: Abhy Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas-

You are right it would be a IDoc to File scenario. One more thing i found out is ,i sent an IDOC from my backend R/3 system and i looked at the monitor in XI and i found the sender service is "R3E_100". But the business system name i have in my SLD is R3_COE2,and i have selected this name as my sender in all of my configuration objects.

Should the names be identical?

Thank you

Venkat

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes ofcourse.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when u r getting a idoc from r\3 i don think u need a sender communication channel.u need to trigger the idoc from r\3 with required patner profile parameter which is specified in the control record of the idoc.

so create a reciever communication channel for the file system,reciever determination and a reciever agreement.

regards

jithesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are on the right track. But the message interface for outbound (R/3) system is not required. Even if you create one, it would not throw you an error.

>>><i>In configuration i have created the File communication channel for outbound,Receiver Determination(no mapping),Interface mapping(no Interface mapping is defined),and Receiver Agreement.</i>

In the configuration, you will need to create two communication channels. One for outbound(R/3) and the other inbound(file).

The rest that you have specified above for configuration need to be done.

Regards,

Smitha.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Is this a IDOC to FILE or a IDOC to IDOC scenrio?

For you IDOCs, no explicit message interface needs to be created. You can use the IDOC itself to act as a Message Interface.

If it is an IDOC to IDOC scenario and you are using the same IDOC as the destination also, just use the same IDOC as your Outbound and Inbound Message Interface in your Interface Mapping and do not create any Message Mapping.

Create the corresponding Receiver communication channel , receiver agreement , receiver determination and interface determination.

Regards,

bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You have done everything. But you dont need two message interfaces. One will do which is for target. You can use the idoc for 'inbound' message.

If you dont have any 'File Content Conversion', a xml file will be created for the idoc.

If you want any 'reduction' (removing unnecessary fields to reduce the size of the file), then you can use the mapping.

Cheers!

K.S. Muthu