cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple files (with same message type) into a single file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am having multiple files(same message type) with details like header data and its line item details in each file. The structure of all the files will be:

File1 File2 File3

H1 H2 H3

L1 L1 L1

L2

L3

Now my requirement is that after every 10 hours all the files should be picked and merged (append) into a single file as target file. The structure of output file will be now like

H1

L1

L2

L3

H2

L1

H3

L1

Kindly guide on how to proceed on this with BPM or without BPM

Regards,

NJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use Time Dependent Collect pattern for this requirement . With deadline branch in block step to stop collecting of messages after specified time.

Regards,

Syed

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the requirement has two stages.

1. adapter scheduling can be used or just provide the polling interval in your adapter as 10 hrs i.e 36000 seconds

2. the rest is simple enough. you can use a collect in BPM and use a N:1 transformation (if using a BPM it will be ideal for you to maintain the sequence of the files) or just simply without a BPM use the append mode in the file receiver adapter

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Now my requirement is that after every 10 hours all the files should be picked and merged 
(append) into a single file as target file.

Check the use of "Availability Time Planning" of the adapter in your case

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/11/26/adapter-scheduling--hail-sp-19-

If your requirement is to append you can do so by using the File Construction mode as Append in receiver File adapter

If your req is to do a N:1 mapping (i.e. merger) then develop a mapping program accordingly...

Regards,

Abhishek.

Edited by: abhishek salvi on Jun 3, 2009 10:30 AM