cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Web Dispatcher configured but not working (FORMATTED)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We wish to configure SAP Web Dispatcher (WDP) as a reverse proxy. For this we've installed using sapinst SAP Web Dispatcher Version 7.00.11, multithreaded, ASCII, 64 BIT Patch Level 140 which was manally updated to Version 7.10.1, multithreaded, ASCII, 64 BIT Patch Level 152.

The SAP WDP server is in DMZ whereas the Enterprise Portal servers are in the intranet.

The updated SAP WDP is available in /sapmnt/<SID>/exe and not in a seperate directory (/usr/sap/<SID>/sapwebdisp) as per SAP note 908097. The SAP WDP has been installed on a standalone machine with instance number 00.

I've configured the Sap WDP with the -bootstrap option. The -checkconfig option completes with 0 warning 0 errors.

The TCP ports between SAP WDP and Enterprise Portal 7.0 SP14 servers are opened in the firewall confirmed as per note 552286. Also, required ports 22 & 8100 are opened from my computer to the SAP WDP Server.

Yet when I try to connect to the administrator interface with the URL http://<Web_Disp_IP>:8100/sap/wdisp/admin/default.html, I receive the following text on the browser:

Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: "Operation timed out"

The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

Similar message is received even if the SAP WDP is installed in a seperate directory.

Has anyone come across a similar issue?

Thanks.

Regards.

SAP Web Dispatcher Profile generated by bootstrap

SAPSYSTEM = 00

DIR_EXECUTABLE = .

DIR_INSTANCE = .

rdisp/mshost = <EP_CI_IP_address>

ms/http_port = 8104

wdisp/auto_refresh = 25

wdisp/max_servers = 100

wdisp/shm_attach_mode = 6

icm/max_conn = 500

icm/max_sockets = 1024

icm/req_queue_len = 500

icm/min_threads = 10

icm/max_threads = 50

mpi/total_size_MB = 80

wdisp/HTTP/max_pooled_con = 500

wdisp/HTTPS/max_pooled_con = 500

icm/server_port_0 = PROT=HTTP,PORT=8100

icm/server_port_1 =

icm/HTTP/admin_0 = PREFIX=/sap/wdisp/admin,DOCROOT=./admin,AUTHFILE=icmauth.txt,PORT=8100

Brief output of checkconfig

Maximum number of sockets supported on this host 8192

Server info will be retrieved from host EPHostIPAddres 8104 protocol http

Checking J2EE server sappqxx03:50300...OK

Checking J2EE server sappqxx05:50500...OK

Web Dispatcher configuration for J2EE only system: No server group DIAG defined

Check ended with 0 errors, 0 warnings

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue resolved.

The reverse proxy server just needed to be bypassed from the proxy server in Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN settings > Advanced.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just a few checks I can think about :

Did you install the admin files in the subdirectory /sapmnt/<SID>/exe/admin ?

Why do you have this line icm/server_port_1 = In the WDP profile ?

It seems wrong to me and I don't see its use.

You should also check is the firewall is *really$ open between your PC and the WDP.

Are you able to connect directly on the WDP server and to call locally the admin interface.

Regards,

Olivier