cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RV accounting doc number on invoice form

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friends.

in standard SAP, the default settings (requirements) for invoice output type RD00 is that the output is created automatically (assuming all condition records have been set) upon posting of the invoice to FI.

my questions:

1. on the requirement, does the system read the status of the invoice (i.e. "complete") or does it confirm the existence of the RV accounting doc?

2. is it possible that upon output creation in the invoice upon saving, that the accounting doc number can already be retrieved and included in the invoice form, further allowing printing upon saving?

on question #1, is it possible to have the invoice "posted" to FI without an accounting doc as a consequence of the system dumping? i think this is unlikely. i also think that, in general, the difficulty is more in trying to get a subsequent document that has yet to be created as an additional detail for a current form. unless there is any userexit that may help achieve this?

many thanks for your inputs!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

The response to the queries can be

1) the requriement can indeed vcheck the existense of a accouting document and only then allow a invocie to be printed. this can be the status in the vbrk/vbrp else the accouitng document number.

in standard course it is not possible to set the acocuitng docuemnt created indicator without actually generating a document. std sap checks would disallow that

for the second part

the possible user exits to fecth the acocuting document to confirm it has been created and also to print it on the invocies are

USEREXIT_FILL_VBRK_VBRP - to check if acocuitng has been created and posted

USEREXIT_PRINT_HEAD (Modulpool SAPLV61A, Programm RV61AFZB)

include RV60AFZC

NCLUDE LV60BF00.

INCLUDE RV60BFZA.

INCLUDE LV60BF0A.

INCLUDE LV60BF0C.

INCLUDE LV60BF0W.

INCLUDE LV60BTOP.

INCLUDE LV60BUXX.

hope this helps

Thanks

akasha

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jonathon,

> 1. on the requirement, does the system read the status of the invoice (i.e. "complete") or does it confirm the existence of the RV accounting doc?

The answer to this is in question itself. The invoice will be complete only when the accounting document will be generate right? So either way is possible.

> 2. is it possible that upon output creation in the invoice upon saving, that the accounting doc number can already be retrieved and included in the invoice form, further allowing printing upon saving?

Just think any of the scenario where End comes before start. . Its like that, subsequent document will only be created after the prescribed activity.

> on question #1, is it possible to have the invoice "posted" to FI without an accounting doc as a consequence of the system dumping? i think this is unlikely. i also think that, in general, the difficulty is more in trying to get a subsequent document that has yet to be created as an additional detail for a current form. unless there is any userexit that may help achieve this?

As per me getting a subsequent document number is nt possible. Because these are dynamically created.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, my friend raja.

my thoughts exactly... but i'm still hoping there could be a work-around.

actually, i was thinking of having all billing documents printed only periodically, and not when saved. in this was, subsequent documents (i.e. accounting docs) would already be existing. the form numbering should have a logic like:

use table VBFA where subsequent document number = form number. or maybe using BSID/BSAD. of course, there are loopholes that should be plugged.

do you or anyone lese think this is workable? would you know if how system performance could be like if, say, 300 invoices are printed everyday?

thank you!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathon,

In this way, like if the accounting document is already generated and you want to print invoice afterward then yes, u can print. and as per me your logic is right. You have to modify the logic of invoice print output program.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

P.S.

is there a user exit we could use for this purpose?