cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to deploy com.sap.portal.runtime.logon.par

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have copied com.sap.portal.runtime.logon.par to NWDS. After that i have modified my umLogonpage.jsp and created new par file and deployed that par file from NWDS. After that i am getting Portal Runtime error. Then i have removed my mylogon.par from pcd directory and restarted the server. But still i was getting the same error. Then i have redloyed by renaming com.sap.portal.runtime.logon.par.bak to com.sap.portal.runtime.logon in the pcd directory. From that point onwards it is not getting deployed.

Could any one help me to resolve this issue?

Here is the log

[EXCEPTION]

#1#com.sapportals.portal.prt.runtime.PortalRuntimeException: [PortalApplicationItem.prepare]: com.sap.portal.runtime.logon at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.PortalApplicationItem.refresh(PortalApplicationItem.java:467) at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.PortalApplicationItem.registerEntries(PortalApplicationItem.java:1842) at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.PortalAppBroker.preparePortalApplications(PortalAppBroker.java:1371) at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.PortalAppBroker.start(PortalAppBroker.java:1515) at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.PortalAppBroker.startCoreApplications(PortalAppBroker.java:1435) at com.sapportals.portal.prt.runtime.Portal.init(Portal.java:370) at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.PortalCoreInitializer.coreInit(PortalCoreInitializer.java:54) at com.sapportals.portal.prt.dispatcher.PortalInitializer.<init>(PortalInitializer.java:129) at com.sapportals.portal.prt.dispatcher.Dispatcher$doSetupPortalInitializer.run(Dispatcher.java:161) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at com.sapportals.portal.prt.dispatcher.Dispatcher.initDispatcher(Dispatcher.java:359) at com.sapportals.portal.prt.dispatcher.Dispatcher.access$000(Dispatcher.java:42) at com.sapportals.portal.prt.dispatcher.Dispatcher$InitRunner.run(Dispatcher.java:114) at com.sapportals.portal.prt.dispatcher.Dispatcher.init(Dispatcher.java:392) at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.runtime.context.WebComponents.addServlet(WebComponents.java:138) at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.container.ApplicationThreadInitializer.loadServlets(ApplicationThreadInitializer.java:376) at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.container.ApplicationThreadInitializer.run(ApplicationThreadInitializer.java:110) at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:95) at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:159) Caused by: com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.PortalApplicationNotFoundException: Could not find portal application connection at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.PortalApplicationItem.prepare(PortalApplicationItem.java:413) at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.PortalApplicationItem.prepare(PortalApplicationItem.java:385) at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.PortalApplicationItem.prepare(PortalApplicationItem.java:385) at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.PortalApplicationItem.prepare(PortalApplicationItem.java:385) at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.PortalApplicationItem._refresh(PortalApplicationItem.java:505) at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.PortalApplicationItem.refresh(PortalApplicationItem.java:455) ... 20 more # #1.5#00142209E60900060000000300001A74000411D0B8A0E4E3#1145488055219#com.sapportals.config.fwk.meta.MetaConfigManager_V2#sap.com/irj#com.sapportals.config.fwk.meta.MetaConfigManager_V2#j2ee_guest#38#####SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_18##0#0#Error##Plain###[meta_v2_config://local] error while migrating [metarchive_portal]. The configMetaArchive needs to be removed or migrated 'manually' : ConfigException: Configuration framework system error: "source [config://pcd/local/meta/lib] already contain the configMetaArchive."# #1.5#00142209E60900060000000400001A74000411D0B95CA6B9#1145488067515#com.sapportals.portal.prt.service.config.ConfigDeploymentService#sap.com/irj#com.sapportals.portal.prt.service.config.ConfigDeploymentService#j2ee_guest#38#####SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_18##0#0#Info##Plain###An upload sequence will start now. Please do not stop the server or serious deployment issues may arise.# #1.5#00142209E60900060000000500001A74000411D0B95DA0A0#1145488067578#com.sap.portal.prt.runtime.deployment#sap.com/irj#com.sap.portal.prt.runtime.deployment#j2ee_guest#38#####SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_18##0#0#Error#1#/System/Server#Plain###Application com.sap.portal.runtime.logon is a core application# #1.5#00142209E60900060000000600001A74000411D0B95DA1D0#1145488067578#com.sap.portal.prt.runtime.deployment#sap.com/irj#com.sap.portal.prt.runtime.deployment#j2ee_guest#38#####SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_18##0#0#Error#1#/System/Server#Plain###Application upload aborted: com.sap.portal.runtime.logon.par# #1.5#00142209E60900060000000700001A74000411D0B95E7015#1145488067640#com.sap.portal.prt.runtime.deployment#sap.com/irj#com.sap.portal.prt.runtime.deployment#j2ee_guest#38#####SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_18##0#0#Error#1#/System/Server#Java###Operation failed [EXCEPTION] #1#com.sapportals.portal.prt.runtime.PortalException: Application upload failed: com.sap.portal.runtime.logon.par - more detail at: G:
usr
sap
J2E
JC00
j2ee
cluster
server0
apps
sap.com
irj
servlet_jsp
irj
root
WEB-INF
deployment
pcd
com.sap.portal.runtime.logon.par.log

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.deployment.DeploymentManager._uploadArchive(DeploymentManager.java:857)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.deployment.DeploymentManager.uploadArchives(DeploymentManager.java:599)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.deployment.DeploymentManager.populateRuntimeRepository(DeploymentManager.java:582)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.deployment.DeploymentManager.runtimeRepositoryDeployment(DeploymentManager.java:310)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.runtime.Portal.init(Portal.java:403)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.PortalCoreInitializer.coreInit(PortalCoreInitializer.java:54)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.dispatcher.PortalInitializer.<init>(PortalInitializer.java:129)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.dispatcher.Dispatcher$doSetupPortalInitializer.run(Dispatcher.java:161)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.dispatcher.Dispatcher.initDispatcher(Dispatcher.java:359)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.dispatcher.Dispatcher.access$000(Dispatcher.java:42)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.dispatcher.Dispatcher$InitRunner.run(Dispatcher.java:114)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.dispatcher.Dispatcher.init(Dispatcher.java:392)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.runtime.context.WebComponents.addServlet(WebComponents.java:138)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.container.ApplicationThreadInitializer.loadServlets(ApplicationThreadInitializer.java:376)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.container.ApplicationThreadInitializer.run(ApplicationThreadInitializer.java:110)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:95)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:159)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nivas,

Did you follow all the steps listed below -

1 Make a copy of com.sap.portal.runtime.logon.par.bak and rename it. (e.g. com.mtv.logon.par)

2 Move com.ltil.logon.par to a location outside of the <SAPJ2EEngine-deployment-dir>.

3 Extract the files from com.mtv.logon.par preserving the directory structure.

4 Modify files in the extracted PAR file. (e.g. copy images into /mtv/logonpage/layout, copy files umLogonPage.jsp, umLogonTopArea.txt, umLogonBotArea.txt to /psegdev/logonpage/PORTAL-INF)

5 Put the modified files back into com.mtv.logon.par.

6 Copy or upload the PAR com.mtv.logon.par back to <SAPJ2Eengine-deployment-dir>\cluster\server\services\servlet_jsp\work\jspTemp\irj\root\WEB-INF\deployment\pcd.

7 Rename the file <SAPJ2Eengine-deployment-dir>\ume\authschemes.xml.bak to authschemes.xml.

8 In authschemes.xml, replace all occurrences of the string "com.sap.portal.runtime.logon" with "com.mtv.logon" in the tags <frontendtarget> and save the file.

9 Restart the portal. Now, the modified logon UI is displayed at logon.

While reverting back to the original logon page, i assume you have made the necessary changes in the authschemes.xml as well.

Thanks,

Samta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samta,

Thanks for your Quick Response.

I did not find UME\authshcemes.xml. Could you please tell me direcotory path for this.

Except that i have followed all .

Regds,

Srinivas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See, you have created a new customized logon.par rite?

Now did you change the authschemes.xml file so as to incorporate the changes made in the customized logon.par

1) Follow this link - for changing the authschemes.xml file

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/1a/3afd4e641b8f42ac07bb77fe30375b/frameset.htm">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/1a/3afd4e641b8f42ac07bb77fe30375b/frameset.htm</a>

It gives all the detailed steps and infact the best description how to go about changing the authschemes.xml file

2) Now, Start the Config Tool by executing <SAPJ2EEEngine_installation>\j2ee\configtool\configtool.bat.

In the tree, navigate to Global server configuration -> services -> com.sap.security.core.ume.service

3) Switch to edit mode

4) Double click on the "com.sap.security.core.ume.service"

Snd change the property "login.autschemes.definition.file".

Enter the cutom xml file name and click on Apply Custom.

5) Restart the server.

Thanks,

Samta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samata,

Now i am trying to deploy original com.sap.portal.runtime.logon.par file. For original file we dont have to do any changes -- Am i correct?

First of all, it is not getting deployed. In the deployement itself i am getting the error.

Regds,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nivas,

You must have done these changes when going for customized logon.par

Revert those changes back in authschemes.xml

Dont deploy the original logon.par

Just place it on the server removing its .bak extension.

Ensure that the name of the original logon.par has not been tampered.

Restart you cluster after you ensure all the above settings,

Thanks,

Samta

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been doing the same. But it is not getting deployed. In PCD directory it is changing .par to .par.err and creating one log file named com.sap.portal.runtime.logon.par.log. Log file has following log

2006-04-19_22-48-13

Application upload aborted: com.sap.portal.runtime.logon.par

Regds,

Srinivas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting the very same problem as u got.

Please tell me the solution if you solved it now.

waiting for your reply

Regds,

Kanth