cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to extend ECC6 tablespace? database is MSSQL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I intall ECC6 IDES, now I want to extend tablespace, but I didn't found command about brtools and sapdba, because my database is not oracle . how to do it? thank you.

SAP release: ECC 6

database: Microsoft MSSQL 2005

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

(SQL Server Management Studio)

SQL Server 2005

This topic describes how to increase the size of a database by using Object Explorer in SQL Server Management Studio. The database is expanded by either increasing the size of an existing data or log file or by adding a new file to the database.

To increase the size of a database

1. In Object Explorer, connect to an instance of the SQL Server 2005 Database Engine, and then expand that instance.
  2. Expand Databases, right-click the database to increase, and then click Properties.
  3. In Database Properties, select the Files page.
  4. To increase the size of an existing file, increase the value in the Initial Size (MB) column for the file. You must increase the size of the database by at least 1 megabyte.
  5. To increase the size of the database by adding a new file, click Add and then enter the values for the new file
  6. Click OK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I intall ECC6 IDES, now I want to extend tablespace, but I didn't found command about brtools and sapdba, because my database is not oracle . how to do it? thank you.

> database: Microsoft MSSQL 2005

An SQL Server database has no tablespaces. Usually the data containers are set to autogrow so there's no need to manually increase something.

Read

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/mss

--> Administration

Markus

former_member187709
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Try DB13 tcode.

Cheerios,

Disha