cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hierarchy G/L Account in VC didnt work out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I face some problem with building a hierarchy in VC. I follow the step in the wiki for building a hierarchy, but unfortunately it didnt work out... it give me an error said that there is some error in the back-end system. can anybody help me with this.

this is the formula that i enter in the drill down event

'FILTER_NODE_IOBJNM=0HIER_NODE;FILTER_VALUE='&@G_L_Account_key&';FILTER_COLLAPSE=;FILTER_IOBJNM=0GL_ACCOUNT;CMD_1=CMD%3DDRILL_TO_LEVEL%26LEVEL%3D2%26IOBJNM%3D0GL_ACCOUNT%26DATA_PROVIDER%3DDP;'

is there anything wrong with this formula?

Thanks in advance for the input.

Regards,

Tienus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think while drilling down, all the nodes get opened & not just one you selected. I also faced the same error. Just check the Appendix at the end of the above document. There can be issue of filter. Just try one thing - in your code after 'FILTER_COLLAPSE' give space & then try.

Hierachy in VC is not that good to use, this will work better in WAD or any BEx application. So if you dont have any further drilldown in your dashboard then make it in WAD. Because in VC hierarchy you need to select & then press the button.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

finally it works... you are rite you have to put space after the filter_collapse... its strange actually when you copy and paste, there is a space after the filter_collapse, but after you deploy and run it, the space is missing.

btw, you were rite about the hierarchy in VC, its very not friendly actually, since you have to click the button to be able to drilldown. and when you drill it down, you will drill all the hierarchy down, not only the node you selected.

thanks anyway for you help.

regards,

tienus

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This can be connection error, also check whether you have all the required rights as administrator.

Are you getting this error only when you are using hierarchy?

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got all the administrator right for the Visual composer... and I only got this error only when running the hierarchy... for the drill up it work fine. only the drill down that has the problem.. any clue for this?

Tienus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I as assuming that you have done everything as per that 'How to....' guide. What is the system error message? or what is the exact problem you are getting, can you elaborate?

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The error I got is a pop up application error window said "An error returned form the back-end system: "

do you have a clue for this problem?

regards

Tienus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The formula which you have used is only for drill down hierarchy to second level. So below this hierarchy will not work. To change the level modify the code as below -

'FILTER_NODE_IOBJNM=0HIER_NODE;FILTER_VALUE='&@G_L_Account_key&';FILTER_COLLAPSE=;FILTER_IOBJNM=0GL_ACCOUNT;CMD_1=CMD%3DDRILL_TO_LEVEL%26LEVEL%3DLevel Number%26IOBJNM%3D0GL_ACCOUNT%26DATA_PROVIDER%3DDP;'

Where Level Number is written, please enter the required Number to which you want drill down.

If you enter 4 It will drill down up to the 4th node below the parent node. like that you have to modify the code. Also refer the document below -

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/4155b345-0a01-0010-ac9f-b3b2c34e...

Regards

Sandeep

Edited by: Sandeep Patki on Jun 3, 2009 6:05 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep

Thanks for the quick reply.. but I still got the same problem which is an error returned from the back-end system. this is my formula

'FILTER_NODE_IOBJNM=0HIER_NODE;FILTER_VALUE='&#ID[ACC1IW]@G_L_Account_key&';FILTER_COLLAPSE=;FILTER_IOBJNM=0GL_ACCOUNT;CMD_1=CMD%3DDRILL_TO_LEVEL%26LEVEL%3D4%26IOBJNM%3D0GL_ACCOUNT%26DATA_PROVIDER%3DDP;'

i change the level number to 4 but it still give me an error.. can you help me?

thanks in advance

regards,

Tienus