cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to change Sold to party after Purchase Order being created in ME21N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All:

I have a situation here. I have created a Sales Order via VA01 t-code. The material used is a third party drop ship. So when I create a Line Item in my Sales document, it creates a PO requisition. Now via ME21N, I have created a Production Order.

Now the user wants to change the Sold to party at the Sales Header. But since the PO is attached, it won't let me change the Sold To party and the reason is because Subsequent document has been created. Is there any way, I can decouple the Purchase Order / Purchase requsition and then make the subsequent document go away. And then I can change the Sold To party ?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Dipankar Biswas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If there is any subsequent document, some of the critical changes in the sales order like the sold to party cannot be changed.

since the sold to party is one of the primary areas of information and processing has already been done for the items, sap does not allow any later changes

the only way is to cancel the documents, reject the line item and then recreate the sales order again

hope this helps

Thanks

akasha

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again.

i generally agree with the others. but just to add...

the sold-to party in the sales order is the ship-to address in the PO. i am expecting that the sold-to in the sales order should not be modifiable once the PO has been created. but i will test this just the same.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again!!!

you can change the Sold-To party in the sales order even if a purchase requisition has already been created. changes will update the purchase requisition.

however, i will still test if updates can happen once a PO has been created, with and without release.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

You are right, I can modify the Sold-To party even if Purchase requisition number exists. But once a Purchase Order has been created, there is no way to modify the Saold-To party. Even if you delete the Purchase Order in ME22N (i.e marked as deleted), it still doesn't allow Sold-To party to be changed.

I just wonder why ? I assume once the Purchase Order is deleted, now the Sales Order should be free. Don't you think so ?

I do appreciate that every body has chipped in and trying to help. You guys rock !

regards,

Dipankar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Depankar,

If there is any of the subsequent documents are there, its very unlikely to change the header data. Because the preceding documents will definitely have effect on the subsequent.

So u first delete the PO, then change the SP in Sales order. and again go ahead with PO

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

As you suggested, I did delete the Purchase Order (i.e Marked as deleted), but it still doesn't allow to modify the Sold-To party. If you were able to do that, I am assuming that in configuration setup (SPRO-> Sales & Distribution -> Basic Function -> Partner Determination -> Setup Partnet Determination -> Set Up Partner Determination for Sales Document Header, and check if your partner determination procedure has Marked Sold To party as "Modifyable".

Appreciate for your help, but if you can confirm, that will be great. Looking forward to your response.

regards,

Dipankar Biswas

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

i think in third party transactions, you could not make changes in the PO. most likely you would have to delete the PO and then change the sales order.

i also think you can make some changes in the order that could update the PO (e.g. order quantity) but i am not sure about the ship-to party. the delivery address should be "update-able", and maybe the ship-to party could be too.

however, let us wait for the others' opinions.

regards.

Edited by: jonathan y on Jun 3, 2009 11:53 AM