Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR COnflicts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi HR Experts,

I am trying to find the HR Conflicts in My new ECC system so executed tcode: /VIRSA/ZVRAT and selected the Human resources radio button in the 1st part and then Security Admin (Not sure whether this is right option so corect me if i am wrong) in the 2nd part and then executed........

In the second screen I selected Object type:S, Object ID: 1 to 50000726, Sod Risk Level : All radio button, Report Type: SOD at Authorization Object Level, Report Format: Detailed report radio button,

User Type: All , Exclusion: did not select any, Rule matrix: Global and systems Local

But I did not get any conflicts so please let me know how to get HR conflicts on Object level,

ours is new ECC dev system so we did not build any end user roles so before we build I need to know the conflicts in HR generally and we decided to have position based / indirect assignment of users. please advise and suggest to get the HR conflicts

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

you must up load your oww conflict table first.

SoD conflicts are NOT GENERIC but a company decision!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tought the SAP delivers whole lot of conflicts and out of which each clients will decide wich one they require for their bussiness and ignore the rest.

Lisa

0 Kudos

Are the conflicts loaded in the rule architect?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alex,

Where can I see whether the conflicts are loaded in the system or not, please advise.

I am interested to see the HR conflicts in my HCM ECC system before I build the end user HR roles.

thx,

Lisa

0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

When you run /VIRSA/ZVRAT you need to navigate to the Rule Architect section. In here is where all your rules and risks are stored. I can't remember the layout exactly but it is in there that you can find if there is anything appropriate loaded

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

My reporting manager is telling that it is not true, Virsa delivers standard conflicts and so wanted to know how to pull that information by executing this tcode: /virsa/zvrat

Thx,

Lisa

0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

I think your reporting manager needs to have a look into SAP for themselves. What I am trying to establish is that the rules are in place first. Depending on how CC was installed, the rules might not be there at all. If you have no rules & risks then you won't get any results at all. If you have a look in the Rule Architect you will be able to see if there are any rules there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alex,

I clicked on the "rule architect" button in the second screen while executing the tcode: /virsa/Zvrat and I see the below details :

Total Number of Rules 0 Number of Critical Risk Level Rules 0

Number of Active Rules 0 Number of High Risk Level Rules 0

Number of Disabled Rules 0 Number of Medium Risk Level Rules 0

.....in the righthand side pane and then trying to download the conflicts where it is asking for local file

Please advise.

Thx,

Lisa

0 Kudos

Hi Lisa, if there are no Rules then it is very possible that CC has not been installed properly. Can you run sod checks the standard way? (i.e. non-HR), do you get any results?

Who was responsible for the install? Did they upload the standard ruleset? With the info you have given, the first thing I would do is speak to them to see if they installed correctly.

Do you have a system where you know there are rules? If so you can transport the rules table.

0 Kudos

Sometimes, you need to download the rule sets from the SMP.

Generally, you can do this with updated rulesets every 3 months or so.

Specifically, I can recommend that you version management the files and decide whether you change the file (windiff will help you further...) or load it and tune your requirements again in the application.

The trick is to be up-to-date and benefit from the new rules, but discard those you don't want. There is a balance there... (Mitigation is the alternate option).

So, the hollistic answer is: It depends.

Cheers,

Julius