cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic rule

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

I assume we can define many sampling schemas and procedures and assign it to one DMR.Actually I want to maintain different sampling schemas for different inspections like tightened,normal and reduced.

I created three different sampling schemas ss1 ss2 ss3 with three sampling procedure sp1 sp2 sp3 and tried to assign it to one DMR 999 .It is not allowing to make relationship and it throws an error..this is beacuse I maintained different severity for each inspection ?

ANd also if it is possible...how do the DMR know which sampling schema it has to pick at the RR as it got tied up with three different schemas ?

pls advice

regards,

akash

Edited by: chidprakash on Jun 3, 2009 12:35 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi'

Aakash

.It is not allowing to make relationship and it throws an error..this is beacuse I maintained different severity for each inspection ?

There is relation between a DMR & a Sampling Prcedure(that is with sampling scheme)

in terms of Sevierity.

Now You have created a DMR where you have specified say seviarity 4.

But you have created several sampling schemas ss1 ss2 ss3 with three sampling procedure sp1 sp2 sp3 which has diffrent seviarities.

When you maintain the relation system will only consider the DMR & sampling Scheme with same seviarity (say 4)...rest will show error.This is how SAP works.

Regards

Sujit S Gujar

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Prakash

You need not create 3 sampling schemas for the same. You can maintain different sampling schemas for different inspection severities in one sampling scheme itself. according to the severity stage of the DMR system will pick up the sampling scheme

Please check and revert if any queries

Regards

gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gajesh,

I tested with different severities in one sampling schema and it is working fine.but I have one question on that... which is, when I was creating sampling procedure, it ask me the inspection severity again and try to pull the drop down and can able to see all my severities whatever I had defined in sampling schema.

I am not certain, that which one should pick.I randomly pick severity 4 and it is working fine.I am curious ..will there be any impact if I pick any severity or is there any other way to handle this?

pls advice

Akash