cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropdown and Value Help in Adobe Form (WebDynpro Java)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to develop a Adobe form where i have to implement Dropdown and Value Help, which will coming from custom BAPI. I am using WebDynpro Java, EP 7.0 and ALD 8.0. Please let me know how can i implement those 2 UI Elemnts..

Regards

Subhrajyoti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I added the value help button to IF and filled the fieldname var with the name of the field, but when i test it oi have um error like that :

Access via 'NULL' object reference not possible.

Thanks in advance...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhrajyoti kar,

Were you able to get the value help to work with the instructions in this thread? I haven't started to work on it yet but wanted to get clarification if his solution is not specific to Web Dynpro ABAP and ZCI.

-wael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I try to do the value help, but on the script editor i can't see the var fieldname for attribute the name. I just have this:

var processingValueHelp = ContainerFoundation_JS.getGlobalValue(event.target, "processingValueHelp");

if(processingValueHelp == false) {

ContainerFoundation_JS.setGlobalValue(event.target, "processingValueHelp", true);

this.rawValue = "";

this.clearItems();

ContainerFoundation_JS.SendMessageToContainer(event.target,

"valueHelp",

this.dataNode.somExpression.replace(/(xfa.?\.)(datasets.?\.)(data.*?\.)/, ""),

this.rawValue,

event.target.mouseX,

event.target.mouseY);

Please can help me ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Dude,

Try Using Valu Help from ISR Native Controls, I'm positive that you will see the script correctly.

In the previous thread - you said

1) In layout chose UI element 'Value Help Drop-down List' from WebDynpro Native Controls of Library Palette.

Instead of choosing from WebDynpro, Choose from ISR Native Controls of Library Palette.

Let us know if it works or not.

Nrupen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothi,

Herewith I had Explained detailed Procedure,

For Dropdown,

1. Create a node and attribute to the dropdown ,

2. call the bapi,

3. Assign the Bapi attribute to the Dropdown node attribute

4. Place the Interactive form UI to the Java Application

5. Create an another attribute for read the interactive form

a.Name: pdf_src

b.Type :byte, Assign this attribute to PDF Source property of the Interactive form UI Element.

6. Give the Name to the Template source property of the Interactive form UI and double click the template source.

7. It asking Name for the Interactive form, Give the name for that

8. Once give the Name, It ask context for Adobe form, assign the already created node for dropdown in Webdynpro application to the interactive form.

9. Now Context Bounded with Webdynpro and Interactive form

10. Interactive form screen will be open into the studio

11. Place the Dropdown UI element to the Interactive form and bind the attribute to the dropdown

12. Select the Dropdown UI Element, go to the object property, Click the Specify Item values. The pop window displayed, here give the $ value to the Item Text, Item value. The Data Connection dropdown and Default Binding , it has value when the attribute bounded to the dropdown UI .

13. Save and Test the Application

For Value Help,

1. Do the Same Procedure for up to 10 steps,

2. Place the Text field UI and Value Help UI Element

3. Select the Value Help, go the Script Editor give the name of the text field attribute name in var fieldName = "*INSERT_NAME_HERE*";

4. Save and Test the Application

By

Parthi