Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding search helps to SAP standard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm working on a requirement to add a couple of search helps to a SAP standard screen.

I don't want to put check tables against the data dictionary objects as they are required for this one specific screen only.

There are two fields A and B. There is a one to many relationship between A and B.

I've managed to manipulate the search help exit for B using 'DYNP_VALUES_READ' so that the values displayed for field B are dependant on what the user has entered for field A.

However, I'm having problems with the final part of the requirement - if the user has left field A blank, and then selects something from column B - the corresponding value for A should automatically default onto the screen.

I've tried using 'DYNP_VALUES_UPDATE' and whilst sy-subrc is returned as 0, it doesn't work.

Any ideas on how to do this? I am trying if possible to do all procesing within the search help exits as I want to avoid making any modifications to the screen flow logic if possible - trying to minimise the SAP standard mods as much as I can.

Thanks in advance,

1 REPLY 1

former_member186741
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you could try looping at screen in the 'return' event and by using a field-symbol change variable A to the contents being returned by the search help.