cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tag Query Fatal Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm wanting to send an email if a tag query fails (Failures could include, can't connect to the data server, can't find tag names, etc). I'd like to include the reason for the failure in the email message.

The 'Data Query' help screen for the 'Success' property says 'Evaluates to true if the query executes without a fatal error. If false, the fatal error message can be accessed with the following XPATH: [ActionName].Results{/Rowsets/FatalError}.'

I can't find a 'Fatal error' entry under Rowsets, only 'DateCreated', 'EndDate', 'StartDate', and 'Version'. I can find a 'Fatal Error' entry under Rowsets in a SQL query but not a Tag query. Am I missing something?

I'm running MII 12.0.4

Thanks for the help!

David Macindoe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You'll see the Rowsets/FatalError syntax here: /XMII/Illuminator?Server=Simulator&Mode=Foo&Content-Type=text/xml

An easy trick to help with your linking, just add another name/value pair to the Config Dialog of Mode and Foo, then say yes when it prompts for the sample xml. This way you'll see it while linking, but don't forget to remove this line when you're done.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Worked just great!

Thanks, Jeremy!

David

Answers (0)