cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add to existing stock in combination with capacity checks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

I have a customer that uses add to existing stock in combination with capacity checks. In below example the result is different than what I was expecting:

Total capacity per bin: 200 pieces

Bin 1: capacity 100 pieces of material A

Bin 2: empty

I have a GR of another 120 pieces. What I was expecting was filling Bin 1 up to the maximum of 200 pieces and the remainder of 20 pieces. However, the system is placing the 120 pieces in Bin 2.

Any suggestions on the above?

Thanks,

MZ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think SAP won't devide the quantities further because of capacity check.

I mean when you process the TR you carry out palletization and based on this you (may) devide the original quant into several smaller quants.

(e.g. you receive 100 pcs > palletiztion > 10 x 10 pcs)

After palletization, SAP is searching for bins in which the goods can be placed based on your settings (strategy/capacity) but at this phase SAP won't make new palletization, won't divide quants. It uses the data that was created during palletization and tries to place the previously determined quantities w/o splitting/deviding them.

(e.g. 10 x 10 pcs > SAP wants to find bin for each "10 pcs", it won't split "10 pcs" units)

Just my opinion.

Regards,

Csaba

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I assume that you have maintained maximum bin qty in material master WM view for storage type.

Please check whether you have tick allow addn to stock indicator in material master as well as you have tick in storage type master data in addn to stock in material master.

Please reply.

Regards,

Prashant