cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Resource Type switched, the properties lost.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a Resource Type (say RT_A) that tie to a Property Structure (say PS_A) that have a custom Property Group (say PG_A) with a group of custom properties. Initially, I assigned a default Resource Type also has the PG_A, then I switched it to RT_A. After I switched it, the new PS_A pop out, but the all the custom properties in PG_A become empty (they are actually just display empty, as I verified the property values still there through RF Explorer).

When I clicked "Save" on the new Property Struture, then the empty values override the old values. Now, I see all the property values become null when I checked from the RF Explorer.

My question is:

Why when I switch Resource Type (say RT_I - RT_A) of a document, the Properties in the same Property Group are not dispalyed even they are actually still exists?

Thanks for advice.

Kent

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kent,

the technical reason for that is because the actual implementation makes no server round trip when you switch the resource types. The server round trip is done only when you initially open the details dialog and when you save the entries.

In my opinion the missing possibility to switch between resource types (with reload of the property values) is an important missing feature (or gap) in the KM platform and I would strongly advise to open an OSS ticket for that.

Hope this helps,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Robert. Thanks for explaning the reason that cause this problem. Seems like it is nothing I can do for this. You are right, maybe an OSS ticket should be opened for this.

I assigned full credits to you.

Once again, thanks.

Kent

Answers (0)