Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI Crash down after many errors ?!

Joseph_BERTHE
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have strange behaviour of our PI. When I have more than 1 000 errors message from the receiver, the serveur start to be slow and sometime it's crash down. I mean, it reach it CPIC limit.

I know that the parameter should be at 2000 maximum connection, but is it normal that my PI react like this ?

For example, I want to send to PI - 66 000 messages in one shot, do you think it is relevant ?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
When I have more than 1 000 errors message from the receiver, the serveur start to be slow and 
sometime it's crash down

How are you handling when an error occurs...suppose if there is an error in msg1 and it blocks the Queue.....then all the following messages are also held up....these tend to utilize the resources (space)....and when more and more messages get stuck the % of available resources go on decreasing and then ultimately your server becomes slow....and when all the resource go off your server also goes down.....just make sure that you run some background job to process / delete the error messages...

Its rather a functional answer than being a technical one....check if it helps you.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Joseph_BERTHE
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The errors stay in the PI's log, i do not handle them.

But probably I should do it.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1000 error messages should not force XI to shutdown or crash however it may consume significant resources (disk etc.)

1. As pointed out schedule periodic jobs to cancel/archive/delete old messages.

You mentioned about CPIC connections, error messages are not consuming them but it is possible that some other program/process consuming these connections and when they runout your system slow-down and crash. Please investigate this issue, i dont think that it is related to error messages.

sending huge number of messages are not problem for XI.

Regards,

Gourav

Joseph_BERTHE
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Regarding CPIC, the errors messages are JDBC types, so probably when PI wants to recall the message (3 times by default) it generates some inner conection ?!

So if it is not the errors messages which cause the CPIC error what should it be ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you can send these much, I had an experiance of send more than that.

but it is sure that processing will take time..