cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 7.0 Rejected Shopping Cart send back to creator to modify

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm currently implementing SRM 7.0 SP2, process-controlled Workflow and am trying to configure for the following scenario.

A fully rejected Shopping Cart (ex - one line item) to be sent back to creator who can modify and resubmit for approval. They don't want to copy the Shopping Cart to another and submit. A partially rejected Shopping Cart (multiple line items) works very well.

This is a very typical Workflow scenario but having problems finding the solution in SRM 7.0.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Can you please describe what happens with your Shopping Cart after a full rejection. Does the creator / requester receive a work item to Accept Changes / Adjust?

According to the documentation, this is what is supposed to happen:

1. Approver fully rejects the Shopping Cart. If configured, a work item of type 'adjust' is sent to the requester for acceptance.

2. Requester can:

(a) accept the rejection decision - this results in Shopping Cart not getting released.

(b) change the Shopping Cart - this results in a complete workflow restart.

Link to documentation:

[Approval|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm70/helpdata/EN/01/ad7bc4d66f4bc1a52a0cd21cdfa2ff/frameset.htm]

Cheers,

Serguei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Serguei,

A partially rejected Shopping Cart behaves exactly as explained in the documentation.

A fully rejected Shopping Cart will stop the process, not create any work items and create an Alert Management event which I can tie into to send a notification.

Event: APPROVAL_PROCESS_DOC_REJECTED

SubCat: APPROVAL_RESULT_NOTIFIC_NEW

The u2018If configuredu2019 part of documentation is what I am missing. When I first received your reply thought it might be the different between an u2018Approvalu2019 versus a u2018Approval with Completionu2019 process level. Tested this out but it made no difference.

Thanks,

Thomas

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for additional info. Have you tried maintaining the configuration node Acceptance by Contact Person (under Process Schema Definition)? Here you can configure "whether the contact person (in most cases document creator) receives a work item when the approval process is finished".

If this works, let me know what values you maintained there (e.g. for Evaluation ID, Task ID). SAP documentation is quite sketchy on this...

Cheers,

Serguei

Edited by: Serguei Zabrodski on Jun 4, 2009 11:10 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Serguei,

Thanks for the info, this is good idea. I tried adding the Contact Person but am getting the below dump. Does Contact Person require some configuration?

I wonder if this is how SAP designed for a fully rejected cart scenario. Will creator get this acceptance for an approved and rejected cart?

Runtime Errors TABLE_INVALID_INDEX

Date and Time 06/05/2009 14:49:27

Short text

Error in ABAP/4 statement when processing an internal table.

What happened?

Error in the ABAP Application Program

The current ABAP program "/SAPSRM/SAPLWF_P_CFG" had to be terminated because it

has

come across a statement that unfortunately cannot be executed.

Error analysis

When changing or deleting one or more lines of the internal table

"\FUNCTION-POOL=SVCM\DATA=VCL_EXTRACT_M_6" or when inserting in the table

"\FUNCTION-POOL=SVCM\DATA=VCL_EXTRACT_M_6", 0 was used as

the line index. An index less than or equal to zero is not

allowed.

The error can occur when using the following options:

1. "INDEX idx" for specifying the line number in the table

"\FUNCTION-POOL=SVCM\DATA=VCL_EXTRACT_M_6"

where you want to change, insert or delete.

2. "FROM idx" for specifying the start index when deleting a line

area from or inserting a line area into the table

"\FUNCTION-POOL=SVCM\DATA=VCL_EXTRACT_M_6".

3. "TO idx" for specifying the end index when deleting a line

area from or inserting a line area into the table

"\FUNCTION-POOL=SVCM\DATA=VCL_EXTRACT_M_6".

At the time of the termination, the table contained 0 lines.

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

The way I understand it, the Contact Person for the Shopping Cart workflow is the document creator, and does not need any special configuration - the system knows him/her. As I was saying, SAP documentation is sketchy and I don't have the system now to play with, but here's what I think you need to do (if someone can correct me, that's great):

1. Under your Process Schema Definition, in the config node Acceptance by Contact Person maintain two parameters:

a. Evaluation ID - ID of a BRF event.

b. Task ID - task to execute if the specified BRF event is triggered.

In 1-a, enter the BRF event that can be described as "Shopping Cart (fully) rejected" (not sure if you need to define it, or SAP already defined it). In 1-b, enter the "Adjust" task - that will send the acceptance work item to the creator (again, you'll need to do some hunting for the correct task id).

If all works as I described, you'll get your desired behaviour: the creator will get the Acceptance task at rejection (full or partial), but will not get anything at full approval.

Try it out, and see if this works. If you're still stuck, I wouldn't hesitate opening an OSS message - first, to clarify that it's not a bug, and, second, to find out the correct config. Keep us posted with your results.

Cheers,

Serguei

P.S. Found some more info that may help you with step 1-a (SRM 7.0 Workflow Guide, v1.2, p.45):

6.2.1.3 Status of WF_PDO Object

Class ID Expression Result Type

0CF001 0V_WF_PDOSTATUS Bool

Evaluation of workflow process status of current document version. The possible values are:

􀁸 INIT: No process exists or it is still in initial status (for example, preview before order)

􀁸 ACTV: Process still active and document is not rejected

􀁸 FINI: Document rejected or last level of process completed.

Edited by: Serguei Zabrodski on Jun 5, 2009 4:33 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Serguei,

I was able to get the Contact Person entry configured. The task ID (standard delivered) I used was 40007994. The Evaluation was one that I created and knew worked. It sends WI back to creator but of course it still needs tweaking. Need to configure so Acceptance is only created based on specific circumstances. Right now it is created after each process step and whether approved or rejected.

I had found the 0V_WF_PDOSTATUS info in the Workflow Guide because I searched everything possible for u2018Rejectedu2019. Should be able to use this for my rule.

Thank you for the help!

Thomas

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

That's great, Thomas. So now we know that acceptance task upon full rejection is triggered by additional configuration only. I am glad you have a base for solution.

So I guess now all you need to do is define a custom BRF event with 0V_WF_PDOSTATUS expression, and then maintain this event in your Acceptance config. Once you get your scenario fully working, feel free to share additional insights here.

Cheers,

Serguei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check below slides:

Notes: 0001296209

Answers (0)