cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dependant demand on BOM components for Prod Ord not reflecting in APO SNP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have problem where the dependant demand for a BOM component is not appearing in SNP.

When I look a the material in transaction MD04 in R/3 I see the Order Reservations , but these are not appearing in SNP.

I have created Production orders for another finished product that is setup the same and the dependant demand for that BOM component appears in SNP for both Production Orders (Created) and

Production Orders (Released)

I have created the Production Orders in R/3 and have used an integration model to pull them through to APO SNP.

Why would I see dependant demand in SNP for some BOM components but not for others?

Please can you assist with this problem.

Thanx

Keegan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keegan,

From your statement it is clear that there is nothing wrong with the Config settings since for some materials you are able to see the Dependent Demand. What could be the reason is that the BOM material (Input Material) does not exist in APO, this can be verified by monitoring the Queue. It would be stuck in the Queue. Secondly if the Planned Order was created in SNP then is the PPM Active for that Material ( FG). But one thing I am unable to understand why are you making Production Orders in ECC and not in APO ?

It can be only a Master data issue, may be you can try to Recif the ppm after confirming that BOM / Routing or Recipe and Production Versions are fine in ECC. Delete all the PPMs for that Finished Good in APO first.

Thanks,

Harsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I bet its missing order catagories in the dependent demand key figure catagory group in the planning area definiton.

SAP ARE YOU LISTENING. These have been missing from the standard planning areas since 3.0 why don't you fix them?

nitin_thatte
Contributor
0 Kudos

The production orders, process orders as well as order reservations are not visible in SNP planning book. The dependent demand is visible till the superior order is a planned order. It becomes invisible as soon as it is converted to production order.

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keegan,

Please check on the following.

1) Whether you have included reservations also in the integration model in CFM1 transaction

2) Check whether PPMs are available for BOM components

3) Check whether BoM components are maintained in all respects in R/3 and are transferred to APO

4) Check MRP type of BoM components in R/3 whether relevant to APO

Regards,

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.