cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadcast timezone

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I schedule a broadcast on demand from the broadcaster "schedule" button it shows on the screen as the job being scheduled for 15:45 but in SM37 its set for 22:45. I found an OSS note about this issue but it was for thru SP12 and we are on SP13. We checked and the note code was applied. My system time is CET and personal time is CST.

Does anyone know of any OSS notes or how to correct this ?

When I schedule infopackages they are correct so it seemd to only be a Broadcaster issue.

Will reward points...

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have the same problem in our Company. We are working with a workaround, taking into account the difference of time zones, in our case 5 hours.

Welcome any recommendations.

Regards,

Walter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Richard.

I don't know if you got to solve this issue.

We have the same problem but the job difference is 6 hours. System is set in CET and users are on UTC-5. What I did was change the user setting (this is per user) to CET, because both system and user timezone must be equal.

Once I did it, both web and sm37 were showing the correct hour without difference.

However, since the broadcast option is done in web environment, i still have following problem.

For example: Let's say it is 13:00 hours. I broadcast a job at 13:30 and a message appears saying "Start time (date 20.11.2007, time 13:30:00) is in the past". If I keep trying, I won't be able to schedule the broadcast in web not until 6 hours later.

As a workaround I change the time setting whenever I need the broadcast to run within the following 6 hours, right in the SM37.

Did you or anyone found out how to solve this issue ??

Points will be awarded..thank you very much.

Regards.

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Come on guys, any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got it !!

Use transaction STZAC and change the timezone of the system. Most likely is that you'll need to open your production system in order to make the change. In my case, I changed both times (system and user per defect) to UTC-5.

This solved my problem.

Regards,

Luis