cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle 10.2.0.4 install error on Red Hat 5.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am installing SAP 4.7 enterprise on Linux Red Hat 5.3.

My operating system is Red Hat 5.3 and I want to use Oracle 10.2.0.4 as database version for this SAP system. I installed Oracle 10.2.0.1 successfuly. But after I run runInstaller command to install Oracle 10.2.0.4 patch I have an error like this:

"Error in writing to file "/oracle/MDP/102_64/jdk/bin/java" Text file busy.

How can I continue to install this oracle patch?

Best regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stop all running Oracle processes.

First shut down Oracle, then use ps command to find if there are still processes left, and use kill command to stop them.

As a last resort, a reboot should help in getting rid of unwanted processes.

regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Joe and Markus. Some oracle processings were working. I killed all of them. Now I could install Oracle Patch 10.2.0.4. There is no problem

Best regards,

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good!

Make sure you install all the interim patches for 10.2.0.4 before you continue with the installation.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I have successfully installed and configured the 10.2.0.2 on sap 4.6c and upgraded that to ECC 6.0 SR2. Now i need to install the oracle patchset and patches of 10.2.0.4. But during the installation after installing the patchset we are not able to logon to sqlplus. it is asking for passwod. it also throwing an error saying that cannot find the listiner.

what can be the problem?

Am i missing any parameter configurations or memory configurations for the Oracle Patchset 10.2.0.4. do we need to do any of such configuratios before we install the oracle 10.2.0.4?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> My operating system is Red Hat 5.3 and I want to use Oracle 10.2.0.4 as database version for this SAP system. I installed Oracle 10.2.0.1 successfuly. But after I run runInstaller command to install Oracle 10.2.0.4 patch I have an error like this:

> "Error in writing to file "/oracle/MDP/102_64/jdk/bin/java" Text file busy.

Did you stop the enterprise manager/isqlplus before the update?

Markus