cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can MDM users & roles be managed by IDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can IDM be used to connect to & manage MDM users & roles using provisioning mechanism or otherwise?

Regards,

Vishal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have implemented an adapter to connect the MDM to the IdM. The adapter handles roles and users of an MDM repository and allows the roles to be provisioned to MDM users and vice versa.

I developed the adapter originally for MDM 5.5 SP5/SP6 and IdM 7.0 last year. As there are not that much differences between IdM 7.0 and 7.1 and the Java API of MDM 5.5 and 7.1 an update to MDM 7.1 and IdM 7.1 is a smaller to mid-sized task for me.

If you want more information feel free to contact me. Just have a look in my user profile.

Sorry for the late answer, but I had some holiday since June started.

Best regards

Dominik Trui

Solution Consultant

IBSolution GmbH

Frank_Buchholz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Vishal,

well, I'm not an MDM expert, however, in general MDM offers two installation options:

a) local user store

b) user store LDAP

In case of option b) the integration should be simple but not specific for MDM (that means there is no direct link to MDM): IdM just works with LDAP users and LDAP groups which then are used by MDM.

However, this option might be limited somehow.

Concerning option a) There exist at least one partner who offers a predefined connector package for MDM which hooks into the SAP Provisioning Framework and which offers full support of MDM. (Am I allowed to post the name of the partner?)

Kind regards

Frank