cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporal Condition Object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to create a temporal condition object (day) to use as an "optional prompt" in BO 6.5.

The aim is to allow the user to select a particular valorization day for its selection OR to let the prompt in blank valorizing the values for ALL the days contained in the tab.

The syntax I used for the condition object is (for example):

Tablesample.dataday = @PROMPT ('Select Day', 'D', 'Time\Day, mono, constrained) OR @PROMPT ('Select Day', 'D', 'Time\Day, mono, free) = 'ALL'

Parsing the syntax in Designer 6.5, it seems to be ok and compatible with SQL SERVER 2000 (the server in use). But when I try to test the query in BO 6.5, I can not answer ALL in the PROMT question, I can only insert a single valo day.

Can anybody help me to solve my problem?

Thank you in advance

Riccardo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alan,

Thanks for your helpful answer, but my problem has not been solved yet.

I followed your suggestion but when I try to launch the query in BO 6.5 to test it, BO doesn't visualize the initial prompt and the query doesn't run. I mean... Nothing happens...

Cheers

Riccardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Riccardo,

Have you tried it with the second parameter in the prompt statemetn set to A and using a character version of the data? I think the mix of types may be the cause of your problem

Regards

Alan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alan,

You are right,

changing the where clause in the condition object from D to A, has permited me to digit an alphanumeric answer to the prompt.

Solved problem star assigned.

Thank you

Cheers

Riccardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Riccardo,

You might try

Tablesample.dataday = @PROMPT ('Select Day', 'D', {'Time\Day,'All'}, mono, constrained) OR @PROMPT ('Select Day', 'D', {'Time\Day','All'}, mono, free) = 'ALL'

I suspect you will have to change from type date to alphanumeric, providing a DayAsString object in your Time class.

Hope this helps

Alan