cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infotype 0000 entry end date problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a problem with some infotype 0000 entries. An entry in infotype 0000 was entered in December, 2005 that has begda 01/01/2006 and endda 12/31/9999. Then in March, 2006, another entry was added with begda 01/01/2006, that got endda 01/01/2006. In query, SE16, and ABAP programs we developed the entry with begda and endda 01/01/2006 do

not appear. Are multiple actions allowed on one date? How can the two entries be seen in query/ABAP? We implemented SAP HCM in August, 2005 release 4.7.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Max, for the quick reply. I checked the IMG and infotype 0000 has time constraint 1. I will speak with the people supporting PA about what they want done. We come from 10 years experience with PeopleSoft and learning takes time and patience.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check table PA0302 (Infotype Additional Actions). Multiple actions on same date are allowed in this Infotype, if this is activated in the configuration. Here is a part of the documentation realted to this. You may see this in IMG > Personnel Management > Personnel Administration > Customizing Procedures > Actions > Set up personnel actions. Hope it helps.

#####################

Set up personnel actions

You can use personnel actions to carry out complex personnel administration procedures. A personnel action displays, in the correct sequence, the infotypes that have to be maintained for a specific action.

In this step

you determine whether you want to use the Additional Actions infotype (0302).

The Additional Actions infotype (0302) enables the automatic logging of all personnel actions types that you carry out for an employee on a key date.

Note that in the Actions infoytype (0000), only one personnel action type is saved per day. In this infotype, you only store the personnel action types that change the status of the employee, such as the personnel action type Leaving.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

Your advice is what was needed. The actions displayed for infotype 0000 in PA20 are all in infotype 0302 per SE16. In SE16, only one entry per begda is in infotype 0000. The entries missing in SE16 view of 00000 were ones not affecting status. I have recommended an approach for reporting to HR.

Thanks,

Mike

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Note per the documentation, you can't have two actions that change an employee's status on the same day (so from Active to Inactive or Terminated, for example.) As long as the action doesn't change status, use IT302 as PP recommended. Don't ever change the time constraint on IT0000.

Cheers,

Sharon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Sharon, for the good advice. I looked into IT302 per Vikas post and recommended an approach to the HR folks. The note about not changing time constraint for 0000 is good.

Regards,

Mike