cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange problem with WD component build

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have strange problem with building one wd component, which is part of SC. I'm getting few errors which stops me from building component (and transporting to other systems via CMS of course). I'm providing sample of the errors (3 types) and ant error:

[code] [wdgen] [Error] com.gbs.gmob.RequisitionFoCust --> ContextValueAttribute startDate [type]: Type missing (Hint: The type property must be set to a simple type, a built in type or any java native type)

[wdgen] [Error] com.gbs.gmob.RequisitionFoCust --> ContextValueAttribute stopDate [type]: Type missing (Hint: The type property must be set to a simple type, a built in type or any java native type)

[wdgen] [Error] com.gbs.gmob.SuppMatGroupView --> TextView MATERIAL_GROUP_NAME_editor [text]: Context element and property are not compatible

[wdgen] [Error] com.gbs.gmob.SuppMatGroupView --> TextView MATERIAL_GROUP_ID_editor [text]: Context element and property are not compatible

[wdgen] [Error] com.gbs.gmob.SupplierCust --> ContextModelNode SuppMatGroup [modelClass]: The context model node has not been bound to a model class (Hint: A Context model node has to be bound to a model class or mapped to a model node of another controller.)

[wdgen] [Error] com.gbs.gmob.SupplierCust --> ContextValueAttribute material_group_list [type]: Type missing (Hint: The type property must be set to a simple type, a built in type or any java native type)

[wdgen] [Warning] com.gbs.gmob.ApprovalRejectView --> TextEdit TextEdit: UIElement does not have a label

[wdgen] [Info] Catching throwable null

[wdgen] [Info] com.sap.webdynpro.generation.ant.GenerationAntTaskError

[wdgen] at com.sap.webdynpro.generation.ant.GenerationAnt.showCheckResult(GenerationAnt.java:153)

[wdgen] at com.sap.ide.webdynpro.generation.Generation.check(Generation.java:2050)

[wdgen] at com.sap.ide.webdynpro.generation.Generation.generatePersistentComponent(Generation.java:1299)

[wdgen] at com.sap.ide.webdynpro.generation.console.GenerationConsole.generate(GenerationConsole.java:175)

[wdgen] at com.sap.webdynpro.generation.ant.GenerationAnt.main(GenerationAnt.java:50)

[wdgen] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

[wdgen] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

[wdgen] at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

[wdgen] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

[wdgen] at com.sap.webdynpro.generation.ant.WDGenAntTask.execute(WDGenAntTask.java:219)

[wdgen] at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:341)

[wdgen] at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:309)

[wdgen] at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:336)

[wdgen] at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1339)

[wdgen] at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.techdev.ant.util.AntRunner.run(AntRunner.java:115)

[wdgen] at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.AbstractAntBuildAction.execute(AbstractAntBuildAction.java:65)

[wdgen] at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.AbstractPlugin.handleBuildStepSequence(AbstractPlugin.java:225)

[wdgen] at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.AbstractPlugin.performBuild(AbstractPlugin.java:201)

[wdgen] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

[wdgen] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

[wdgen] at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

[wdgen] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

[wdgen] at com.sap.tc.buildtool.PluginCommunicator.maybeInvoke(PluginCommunicator.java:114)

[wdgen] at com.sap.tc.buildtool.PluginCommunicatorV2.communicate(PluginCommunicatorV2.java:42)

[wdgen] at com.sap.tc.buildtool.PluginHandlerImpl.handlePluginCommunication(PluginHandlerImpl.java:354)

[wdgen] at com.sap.tc.buildtool.PluginHandlerImpl.execute(PluginHandlerImpl.java:176)

[wdgen] at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DCProxy.make(DCProxy.java:1726)

[wdgen] at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DCProxy.make(DCProxy.java:5559)

[wdgen] at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.actions.dcproject.BuildAction.buildDCsForDevConfig(BuildAction.java:307)

[wdgen] at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.actions.dcproject.BuildAction.access$200(BuildAction.java:58)

[wdgen] at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.actions.dcproject.BuildAction$1.run(BuildAction.java:212)

[wdgen] at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:101)

[wdgen] ERROR: Unknown exception during generation null (com.sap.webdynpro.generation.ant.GenerationAntTaskError)

[wdgen] ERROR: Generation failed due to errors (6 seconds)

Ant runtime 9.234 seconds

Ant build finished with ERRORS

[Error] Generation failed!

Error: Build stopped due to an error: [Error] Generation failed!

[/code]

Strange is that if I try to rebuild and deploy locally, no errors occurs and I can normally deploy and run application manually!

Does anyone have experience with this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Ivan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan

I have faced this problem earlier BUT ultimately I have to create the DC from scratch.

But you can check these things:

1.Have you copy/pasted Dictionary type from other location (check the path of the dictionary types ) --> If yes then deleted that and create again(do not use copy/paste)

2.This also happens if your "Used DC" has some problems in the JDI --> Remove the used DC and add it again.

3.Make sure the NWDI infastructure is perfect- this may be a cause.

4. Check Context mappings --> delete all mappings > save metadata > Create again.

5. Delete the model and recreate it again.

6.If you have done reimporting model make sure to restart J2EE instance.

Hope this solves the problem - if not please post

Regards

Ananda